Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Those Parties have a combined membership of up to 600 000 . Then you have many other smaller parties as well as anti racist groups and other similar interest groups. As bucketwoman said. Easily scope for 800 000 anti nazi activists.

BNP has nowhere near that much and to be honest I'm not inclined to believe their claimed of 20 000 members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    Where does 800,000 come from? Are you suggesting that there are 800,000 BNP activists??

And yes, if you put together activists from all those parties I'm sure they would easily number at least 800,000.
    The BNP have 800,000 supporters according to their votes. You used the words 'supporters' for the BNP, 'activists' for the other parties. If the other parties you mentioned have more than 800,000 avtivists, you have your answer. Would you like to see such a confrontation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    The BNP have 800,000 supporters according to their votes. You used the words 'supporters' for the BNP, 'activists' for the other parties.
    Sorry, I should've used the same term for both.
    Well if we compare 'supporters' of both (ie. voters), you have 800,000 vs. about 30,000,000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Would you like to see such a confrontation?
    Certainly not, it was LC01 who suggested such a battle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    I hope this society can be set up (and moved to the Societies section), and that people will join. I am being totally serious. I am sick of George Galloway, his rat like features, his demagoguery, and his party supporting the Iraqi insurgence.

Thanks very much.

Current members:
    1. Tonight Matthew
    2. Frances
    3. thebucketwoman
    4. objectivism
    5. TheVlad
    6. Beekeeper
    7. homoterror
    8. silverjonny
    Hey cool thread man..
    Although he does raise issues that other MPs feel reluctant to say because they belong to a particular political party but hes an opportunist A**hole.
    I hate him man i hate his bald head and his evil moustache.

add me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HammaL)
    Hey cool thread man..
    Although he does raise issues that other MPs feel reluctant to say because they belong to a particular political party but hes an opportunist A**hole.

add me
    How is someone who speaks out in his party and gets kicked out when everyone is in agreement to please the party and has been against the war from the beginning become an opportunist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    How is someone who speaks out in his party and gets kicked out when everyone is in agreement to please the party and has been against the war from the beginning become an opportunist?

The words attention seeking and bigot spring to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerb)
    The words attention seeking and bigot spring to mind.
    :p: .

ReputationRep:
    In fact how can someone who previously praised sadams "courage,strength and indefatigability" and pretty much ate from the palm of his hand possibly claim to respect the muslims of the country who sadam tortured and oppressed for so long. If thats not jumping on the band wagon i dont know what is

ReputationRep:
    hes an opportunist A**hole.
    Explain how and I'll explain why you are wrong.

In fact how can someone who previously praised sadams "courage,strength and indefatigability" and pretty much ate from the palm of his hand possibly claim to respect the muslims of the country who sadam tortured and oppressed for so long. If thats not jumping on the band wagon i dont know what is
    He was referring to the strength and courage of the Iraqi PEOPLE. If you had seen the first part of that clip you would have heard him say Iraqi PEOPLE and Palestinian PEOPLE so the context was clear. Ate out of the palm of his hand?! What do you mean? He met him twice to discuss ways of avoiding more bloodshed in Iraq. He dedicated everything he had to the Iraqi cause. It is clear he did not personally benefit at all.

George Galloway was an opponent of Saddam Hussein before anyone here had heard of him. George Galloway was not allowed in Iraq for this very reason. George Galloway demonstrated against arms sales to Iraq outside the Iraqi embassy in London. George Galloway joined a campaign for democratic change in Iraq over two decades ago. He used to disseminate anti baathist propaganda in the Dundee Labour Party. He referred to Saddam and his dictatorship as the 'bestial dictatorship' many times in parliament and has in fact produced a dossier detailing his anti saddam activities. To really help ordinary Iraqis suffering under sanctions he had to go into Iraq and stop being overtly anti-saddam or he would never have got in. It's also worth reemembering that many Iraqis, exiled under Saddam Hussein, as well as Kurds, are in the RESPECT party and are proud to stand next to Galloway.

Bandwagon? What bandwagon? The 'risking political destruction to help Iraqis' bandwagon?

Bigot!!! Who is at the vigil after every desecration of Jewish graves? GALLOWAY and RESPECT! Who stands shoulder to shoulder with muslims when the government says they should get used to being discriminated against? GALLOWAY and RESPECT! We has Bangladeshi, Scottish, English, Welsh, Black, white, Turkish, Kurdish, muslims, Pakistani, Sikh, Irish, and Jewish candidates as well as MANY women and you call Galloway bigotted? PROVE IT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Explain how and I'll explain why you are wrong.
    Well he doesn't have much hair and he's got a moustache.

Or did you mean the other part of the quote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    Certainly not, it was LC01 who suggested such a battle.
    Battle? where in this thread did I say anything aboput a battle? I said that i the BNP were to march we could get 3000 people to do it, simply link it in with red white and blue. But we dont march and have not done so for 8 years, so its a pointless debate anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Or did you mean the other part of the quote?
    :smile:

SO NO EVIDENCE YET EH? COWARDS! LIARS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    He was referring to the strength and courage of the Iraqi PEOPLE. If you had seen the first part of that clip you would have heard him say Iraqi PEOPLE and Palestinian PEOPLE so the context was clear.
    "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability"

I'd say the context is rather clear.

ReputationRep:
    "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability
    Your. Yes. 'The Iraqi People.' After having just toured Palestine and Iraq, meeting hundreds of People on his way. After seeing their resilience, he was CLEARLY saluting them not the dictator he has long opposed.

Even if it was to the dictator (which it wasn't) Does this one sentence, broadcast on Iraqi State TV, mean more than his tireless anti baathist campaigning?

ReputationRep:
    Note the two parts of the sentence I emboldened. The addition of 'sir' before the main body of the sentence can quite plausibly be construed as meaning he was addressing Saddam personally.

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me most people on this thread have a problem with George Galloway, but seem to know nothing about Respect as a party.

Your fondness for building straw arguments to knock down is pretty accurate to the monotomy and hopelessness of the mainstream politics most of the people signed up to this "society" seem to represent.

Starting societies which have the sole purpose of pointless parading of your dislike for one person pretty much symbolises what can only be described as the worse of the worse of "political debate" on this forum. Fair enough if the thread was light-hearted and was put in GD or somewhere else, but the idiot that created this thread decides to put it D&D, which seems to indicate it was to be taken seriously.

Yes, I would feel the same if the title of the thread was "Anti-Tony Blair Society" or "Anti-Liberal Democrats Society", as they expose the same amount of pointlessness and lack of debate in their titles also (though whether I would've actually bothered to post would be a different question...:p: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Starting societies which have the sole purpose of pointless parading of your dislike for one person pretty much symbolises what can only be described as the worse of the worse of "political debate" on this forum. Fair enough if the thread was light-hearted and was put in GD or somewhere else, but the idiot that created this thread decides to put it D&D, which seems to indicate it was to be taken seriously.
    1. It was light-hearted.
    2. I put it in D&D because the people who would actually have any interest in it post in here, rather than GD.

Thanks,
    the idiot that created this thread.

Are you joining then?

ReputationRep:
    The addition of 'sir' before the main body of the sentence can quite plausibly be construed as meaning he was addressing Saddam personally.
    I'm not saying it's not plausible. But any idiot can tell he didn't mean it like that when you hear Galloway , who has been anti-saddam longer than any other MP, say it!

Read his book!

ReputationRep:
    I am being totally serious
    1. It was light-hearted.
    :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.