The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
same ! do we have to speak about the text that we are studying aswell as the background topic ? we haven't even started a background topic yet :| oh and can you choose the topics that you speak about ? I am actually dreading this and am soooo not prepared :frown:
I'm so nervous for the speaking... not v sure bout how it works but you do definitely have to talk about the texts (but I think you choose which one beforehand) at some point. Mine's 15th March, 9:00am... aghh!! What topics has everyone chosen?
Reply 22
ahh so we do get to choose the topic ? :smile:
i think im going to choose marriage , role of women and immigration .

what about you ?
Yeah, at least I think we do-- my teacher had this sheet the other day and I think you fill in your list of chosen topics then you send it off to the examiner (: or something like that anyway!! Am still not very sure what to do for it...we still have a couple of things to do from Au Point after the Feb break, so I'm gonna decide then! I hope it's okay :/
Our teacher didn't even know we got to choose topics haha! I think i'll probably just put most of them down, since we've never been allowed to choose topics before so I'm used to it, and it's easier if you choose more so you don't go into so much detail. Dunno what time mines at, but I'm last in the alphabet in my class, so I'll have to wait till the afternoon -_-
Reply 25
i have no idea when mine is and we are off school for the next three days and i don't get french for the rest of the week . damn i really want to know now :mad: :frown:
8th March. Terrified.
Reply 27
how are you going to prepare for it ? are you just going try and list possible questions and prepare answers for them ?
I have mine on the 18th of march :\
Reply 28
namedeprived
8th March. Terrified.

:console:
I don't even know when mine is yet, and I don't have French till next Friday, then after that not till the following Friday :woo:
I'm gonna fail :sigh:

My Spanish is on the 19th of March though :frown:
Laura2222
how are you going to prepare for it ? are you just going try and list possible questions and prepare answers for them ?
I have mine on the 18th of march :\

Most likely, yea, can't really do anything else.

bex285
I don't even know when mine is yet, and I don't have French till next Friday, then after that not till the following Friday
I'm gonna fail

My Spanish is on the 19th of March though

Trouble is, it takes me about 2 minutes to work out how to say a sentence properly in French.:p: I'm also worriedabout completely blanking on a supposedly easy question.

Well done on all your offers by the way.
Reply 30
namedeprived

Trouble is, it takes me about 2 minutes to work out how to say a sentence properly in French.:p: I'm also worriedabout completely blanking on a supposedly easy question.

Well done on all your offers by the way.

Same here! :woo: the easy ones are hopefully gonna be, well, easy :p: cause I'm gonna try and learn some essays and stuff so I can speak at length and that way they'll ask less questions :holmes:

Thanks! :biggrin: I think I've said it before but same to you in case I haven't :p:
lilhunni_jo
We got the date for our speaking today....8th March :eek3: Sucks.

Stressing about the fact that we have to talk about our background topic, i've not even properly decided mine yet...:s-smilie:

Hey, my speaking exam is the 11th and i'm also really worried:L see when you say background topic what do you mean?:smile: our teacher hasn't said anything about that...:/
talkyoudown
Hey, my speaking exam is the 11th and i'm also really worried:L see when you say background topic what do you mean?:smile: our teacher hasn't said anything about that...:/

like for your folio, the two essays, you have to talk about them both...i think some schools do 2 pieces of literature, but ours do 1 piece of literature and 1 background essay. Hating on it currently, have no idea what I'm doing :smile:
Reply 33
I just sat my oral on the 16th and provided you know your stuff (just keep revising essay phrases) it isn't as bad as you think. During mine, we had a bit of unxpected entertainment in the form of a fire drill :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending