Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Unless I've seen their picture on the picture thread, I like to just imagine people as their avatars. Lol Ex: I picture 'lessthanthree' as a little panda bear rolling around :p: and LPK as a little penguin sticking its tougne out. Hehe. I don't have much creativity when it comes to what other members look like :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    here's another two I have clear mental images of:

Herleif Arkadios - male, Greek, short dark curly hair

Michael Mourao - also with short dark curly hair, but not Greek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    here's another two I have clear mental images of:

Herleif Arkadios - male, Greek, short dark curly hair

Miichael Mourao - also with short dark curly hair, but not Greek
    I can see im going to have to change my name again.

FYI ---> Herleif Arkadios = not greek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    It's even stranger seeing TSR users in the flesh because people always look different to their pictures!
    Too right!!

Although Willa was probably the only online person I've known so far who refused to send me a pic til we met - so with other online people I never got round to having a fixed mental image, so seeing their real life pictures weren't really a shock. But meeting Willa - seriously he was nothing like I imagined! The shock took a few weeks to settle lol but once it has, it's cool

I'd say voices is the biggest shock ever - nobody is as I imagined them to sound like! Although all of the guys I've spoken to so far all have really nice voices! Willa's is one of the nicest so far I think.

ReputationRep:
    I always kind of judged people by their avatars, my old Keira Knightley avatar must have been a bit misleading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    :itsme:
    I know what you look like!
    :itsme: :hello: :itsme:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Although Willa was probably the only online person I've known so far who refused to send me a pic til we met - so with other online people I never got round to having a fixed mental image, so seeing their real life pictures weren't really a shock. But meeting Willa - seriously he was nothing like I imagined! The shock took a few weeks to settle lol but once it has, it's cool
    I didn't think he'd be blonde.. or as smiley.

ReputationRep:
    How would people imagine me to look?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    How would people imagine me to look?
    For some reason, before I saw your pic I imagined you having dark, slightly spiky hair... :confused: Don't know why, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    For some reason, before I saw your pic I imagined you having dark, slightly spiky hair... :confused: Don't know why, though!
    i swear people have been saying that about every bloke on here

what do people imagine I look like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    i swear people have been saying that about every bloke on here

what do people imagine I look like?
    I haven't...honest!

Hmmm, I imagine you having short (though not spiky!) light brown hair, medium to light build, and possibly wearing glasses.

Am I anywhere close? (No, I haven't seen your pic!)

ReputationRep:
    I haven't...honest!

Hmmm, I imagine you having short (though not spiky!) light brown hair, medium to light build, and possibly wearing glasses.

Am I anywhere close? (No, I haven't seen your pic!)
    i actually have spiky black hair needs to be cut i reckon, and no glasses so erm miles off

ReputationRep:
    just to let you know....i dont look like barbie

ReputationRep:
    i actually have spiky black hair needs to be cut i reckon, and no glasses so erm miles off
    Damn! Oh well... :cool:

What do you imagine I look like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    just to let you know....i dont look like barbie
    I bet you're fabulous GG! I'd so totally like to meet you.

What would you imagine me to be like?

ReputationRep:
    red_roadkill, I imagined you looking super masculine (not like the avatar though)!

ReputationRep:
    I tend to see people similar to my friends in the "real" world.

people with the same names or characteristics adopt similar looks in my head.

thats not weird is it??

if you see me as my avatar, youre not far wrong. (but less evil lookin, the full pic doent look evil but cropped she does.)

ReputationRep:
    Damn! Oh well... :cool:

What do you imagine I look like?
    hmmmmm quite tall i reckon, probably long brown hair, yeah thats it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    red_roadkill, I imagined you looking super masculine (not like the avatar though)!
    Masculine?! ME? Lolololzzz - well, actually, you are right to an extent, yes I am effeminate in my mannerisms/the whole thing I've got going on, but physically I'm masculine and even use weights (now that from me is somewhat amazing).

Not like the avatar?! So did you think I was some fat sweaty builder masculine type!?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmm quite tall i reckon, probably long brown hair, yeah thats it
    Yep, that's right, though I wouldn't class myself as tall. Did you see my pic, or was that a guess?? :p: Fair enough though, it's pretty likely that a girl in this country would have long brown hair...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.