Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The troops should be redirected into Pakistan and Afghanistan, many terrorist camps still exist there.
    There shoulda been a war on terror, rather then war on Saddam Hussein, who posed little threat. After all, all the terrorist seem to go to pakistan and afghan for training? I wonder what troops did there, when they were there after 9/11?

ReputationRep:
    They haven't finished with Afghanistan yet, apparently the Americans and British are preparing for a mjor offensive in the next few months south of Kandahar as the Taliban have gained major numbers in that area. So expect troops to be moving in that direction soon.

ReputationRep:
    well, there are other countries, where terrorists can train, e.g. Egypt, Sudan. There are deserts there and terrorists have small camps there, where they get their trainings. I think we should just send our SAS and kick **** out of them in every part of the world.lol.

ReputationRep:
    lets just invade every muslim country and then take over the world...
    all in the name of self defence obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    lets just invade every muslim country and then take over the world...
    all in the name of self defence obviously
    Muslims should face the problem, and tackle it with the government.

Lets face it, its no longer isolated, after all bombers in UK bombed UK. Terrorist camps should be destroyed, where ever they are. Unfortunately, most will be in Muslim states, as they are Islamic and generally undemocratic, and so terrorists can be protected by one or two gov officials, like in Afghan. Not about invading, just sending in a few SAS, or SEALS, to blow up the camps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    well, there are other countries, where terrorists can train, e.g. Egypt, Sudan. There are deserts there and terrorists have small camps there, where they get their trainings. I think we should just send our SAS and kick **** out of them in every part of the world.lol.
    To be fair they prolly have we just dont know it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolboy17)
    Muslims should face the problem, and tackle it with the government.

Lets face it, its no longer isolated, after all bombers in UK bombed UK. Terrorist camps should be destroyed, where ever they are. Unfortunately, most will be in Muslim states, as they are Islamic and generally undemocratic, and so terrorists can be protected by one or two gov officials, like in Afghan. Not about invading, just sending in a few SAS, or SEALS, to blow up the camps.
    Was it just me or was the post you were replying to written in satire?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, let's kill some more people, that'll pacify 'em!

ReputationRep:
    These what so called civilised Countries such as GB, USA, France etc created all these terrorists, and now they cant deal with them.. and they blame the poor ppl.. Such a shame! and this guy is really immature thats why he posts topics like this.. The real threat to humanity are the western governments, not those puppet terrorists..

ReputationRep:
    The real threat to humanity are the western governments, not those puppet terrorists..
    You really do live on another planet don't you ? If you hate this country so much why don't you leave and go somewhere else ? <assuming you live in the uk>

ReputationRep:
    western governments
    He said western governments not western people or countries. I'm sure the South Africans didn't likle there government once upon a time but would you expect them to leave?

ReputationRep:
    Considering the western people are governed by western governments which those western people voted in, thus meaning it is one and the same. When was the last time any western country wasnt governed by a western government ? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che guevara)
    These what so called civilised Countries such as GB, USA, France etc created all these terrorists, and now they cant deal with them.. and they blame the poor ppl.. Such a shame! and this guy is really immature thats why he posts topics like this.. The real threat to humanity are the western governments, not those puppet terrorists..

U think GB, USA radicalises all these muslims, for them to blow up US or wherever. Must be mad!

The problem, lies with the muslim community, for them to go from a normal state of mind, to a compleltely 'twisted' state takes, some sort of hypnotising to occur by these immams, for them to even think about blowing themselves up.

Every political conflict in the world, which involves muslims, has ended up like this, 'Terrorism' against the 'non believer'.

India, USA, Israel, Iraq (for allowing foreign troops), EU, Saudi Arabia, etc etc etc

To put it simply, muslim people are just unable to understand peaceful democratic procedures to resolve conflict, and up using terror in the name of Islam.

These recent bombings are not isolated case, nor are they from a small minority of muslims in the world. Because lets face it, there are everyday bombings of this nature in Israel and midd-east, for the last donkey years. Also routine bombings, in India kashmir and general threat across india. ANd this has been going on for at least 20 -30 years. So in this respect a large majority of muslims, are willing, able and minded enough to carry out such crap.

And its unfortunate, and probably inevitable, that this type of terror has now landed generally more in the West as well as all the other places it has covered. So there is a systematic failure of global Muslim people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    What the hell makes you think tht Sudan is a possibility for terrorism?

1) Yes there are deserts....but ruled by militias and warlords and would slaughter anything foreign people tht came close to their areas...especially islamic terroists.

2) What makes you think the SAS could kick **** in Sudan. erm..apart from the national army, the spal, the JEA, every man who is able to move is more than ready to defend Sudan against any foreign intervention.

If the british or americans come anywhere near sudan..i swear to you...It will be mogadishu 2 but on a motherfu*** scale.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot compare Mogadishu with any other engagement, it was unique and the mistakes made there will never be made again.

That was the US military being used as a police force with little to no air support and nothing in the way of armour. That will never be done again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halloweenjack)
    You cannot compare Mogadishu with any other engagement, it was unique and the mistakes made there will never be made again.

That was the US military being used as a police force with little to no air support and nothing in the way of armour. That will never be done again.
    you really think so?! The initial mistakes were mainly tactical, the US military has been used as a police force with virtually no support many times before and will be many time in the future. Imagine the warlord artillery and the tactical genius by which Mohammed baraday, his cabinet and the war lords operated. Now imagine tht artillery and tht genius, imagine the demographics of Sudan, also take into consideration the fact that every 16 year old is conscripted to attend a two month military camp. A nation armed in a military, a tactical, a demographic and a patriotic sense, and i don't care if you bring the preperation of the SAS and the geurkas, you are not going to survive. Air support or not. Armor or not. Won't make the slightest difference.

ReputationRep:
    You need to face up to the fact that in a war if you do not have air supremacy or at the very least air superiority in engagment areas you will lose. I am pretty sure the Sudanese would not have the chance of doing that. They would also have a pretty hard time hiding any sort of armour or artillery and this would be quickly destroyed by air power. All that would be left would be small concentrations of infantry in urban areas.

The initial mistakes were mainly tactical, the US military has been used as a police force with virtually no support many times before and will be many time in the future.
    The mistakes were strategic in nature and were taken not by General Garrison but by the State Dept who refused to give him what he asked for. The 'black hawk down' episode would have been a lot different if he had got what he asked for.

Also, care to provide some other examples where the US has had little to no air support in operations ?

also take into consideration the fact that every 16 year old is conscripted to attend a two month military camp
    8 weeks training does not a soldier make, it makes cannon fodder.

A nation armed in a military, a tactical, a demographic and a patriotic sense, and i don't care if you bring the preperation of the SAS and the geurkas, you are not going to survive. Air support or not. Armor or not. Won't make the slightest difference.
    You seem to have a complete misunderstanding of the differences in force. The military equipment Sudan has is completely inferior to even what the Iraqis had and you saw how that stood up to the allied invasion. Personally i think you have a very poor understanding of how modern warfare works.

ReputationRep:
    The troops should be redirected into Pakistan and Afghanistan, many terrorist camps still exist there.
    There shoulda been a war on terror, rather then war on Saddam Hussein, who posed little threat. After all, all the terrorist seem to go to pakistan and afghan for training? I wonder what troops did there, when they were there after 9/11?
    they did alot. trust me, i kno. they arfe still searching for terrorists. they killed so many ppl and put a lot in jail. I live in Pakistan so I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halloweenjack)
    You really do live on another planet don't you ? If you hate this country so much why don't you leave and go somewhere else ? <assuming you live in the uk>
    Where did i say that i hate this country?

ReputationRep:
    U think GB, USA radicalises all these muslims, for them to blow up US or wherever. Must be mad!

The problem, lies with the muslim community, for them to go from a normal state of mind, to a compleltely 'twisted' state takes, some sort of hypnotising to occur by these immams, for them to even think about blowing themselves up.

Every political conflict in the world, which involves muslims, has ended up like this, 'Terrorism' against the 'non believer'.

India, USA, Israel, Iraq (for allowing foreign troops), EU, Saudi Arabia, etc etc etc

To put it simply, muslim people are just unable to understand peaceful democratic procedures to resolve conflict, and up using terror in the name of Islam.

These recent bombings are not isolated case, nor are they from a small minority of muslims in the world. Because lets face it, there are everyday bombings of this nature in Israel and midd-east, for the last donkey years. Also routine bombings, in India kashmir and general threat across india. ANd this has been going on for at least 20 -30 years. So in this respect a large majority of muslims, are willing, able and minded enough to carry out such crap.

And its unfortunate, and probably inevitable, that this type of terror has now landed generally more in the West as well as all the other places it has covered. So there is a systematic failure of global Muslim people.
    u need to attend some history classes boy.. and then u can understand the root of the problem..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.