Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me how to change my avatar to a photo from my computer? thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    can someone please tell me how to change my avatar to a photo from my computer? thanks guys.
    Do you have some sort of graphics program which can resize it to 50x50 pixels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Do you have some sort of graphics program which can resize it to 50x50 pixels?
    umm, no...but i went to "use profile picture" and managed to upload it onto the avatar page next to "use profile picture", and it's sitting there quite happily, i just can't figure out how to use it!

ReputationRep:
    umm, no...but i went to "use profile picture" and managed to upload it onto the avatar page next to "use profile picture", and it's sitting there quite happily, i just can't figure out how to use it!
    A lot of people have trouble changing avatars - my advice: don't change it.

ReputationRep:
    Check the 'YES' next to 'Use Profile Picture'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Check the 'YES' next to 'Use Profile Picture'
    lol, i have, it doesnt work!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol, i have, it doesnt work!!!
    I have noidea then... I use the custom avatar, it has to be 50x50 pixels...

ReputationRep:
    has it worked?

ReputationRep:
    Get a picture- 50 by 50 max. -If you can't do it yourself Ollie will probably help you when he comes on.

Then go into your 'user cp' (top right) and then into 'Avatar' which is on the menu bar/control panel. Scroll down the page to where it says 'Custom Avatars' (under the pre-defined ones displayed) and 'You can upload an avatar from your computer'. Click the 'browse' button, select the file you want for your picture and 'submit modifications'.

Done.

ReputationRep:
    has it worked?
    yeah,

don't you see my new picture? noone have it, it's a Black Sabbath cover album (Eternal Idol).

ReputationRep:
    Oops- I didn't realise I'd had the window open so long. Seems my reply was somewhat slow.

ReputationRep:
    Here, I've resized it... http://www.geocities.com/cheesegrater101/avatar.jpg

Hmm, the link only seems to be working intermittently. If it doesn't work the first time, reclick. Oh the joy of geocities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Here, I've resized it... http://www.geocities.com/cheesegrater101/avatar.jpg

Hmm, the link only seems to be working intermittently. If it doesn't work the first time, reclick. Oh the joy of geocities.
    Mission accomplished! different picture, but oh well...the link wasn't working alec - what did u resize? if it was to help me, then thanks a lot!!

ReputationRep:
    Mission accomplished! different picture, but oh well...the link wasn't working alec - what did u resize? if it was to help me, then thanks a lot!!
    do you want me to make an avatar for you froma photo or has it been done /\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    do you want me to make an avatar for you froma photo or has it been done /\
    don't worry about it, but thanks very much for the offer ollie

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about it, but thanks very much for the offer ollie
    ok, if anyone wants them done, im still the original and best avatar creater!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    there you go ollie - PR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    <---- Ahem, you may have some compitition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    <---- Ahem, you may have some compitition!
    do u like my new one? i love her, if i was a lesbian she'd be the one i'd come out with

ReputationRep:
    do u like my new one? i love her, if i was a lesbian she'd be the one i'd come out with
    LOL. Yeah, it's cool. She has an awesome voice.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.