Turn on thread page Beta

The converse shoe discussion thread watch

ReputationRep:
    im in hong kong at the mo, amazing range of converse availiable! extremely cheap too, the most expensive (genuine) pair ive seen is only around twenty quid and thats for the lastest style . the more traditional cream/black/blue/red etc can be found for around a tenner. love that exchange rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemby!)
    i finally bought the red ones yesterday !!

now i have no money ....
    How much were they? If you live in London you should be able to get them fairly cheaply, especially the red ones which are available in most shoe shops. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    http://www.classicsportshoes.com/chucktaylorhi.html

this site sells them. Its an american site, but click the link at the bottom of the page next to the 'international orders' picture, and it could be a lifeline...i havent investigated it properly, so give it a try

EDIT: i checked out the link. The site itself wont ship out internationally, but it offers a company, American Goodies, as a sort of middle person, i.e. you place the order with American Goodies, the site ships the order to American Goodies, which in turn ships the order to you!
    I really don't know if American Goodies is trustworthy or not, so dont shoot me if its dodgy!
    OMG, i asked for a quote from American goodies for the price of shipping/taxes and so forth. it comes too $112 (!!!) total. thats £63. craziness. argh

the search goes on. Any American peeps wanna have my converse delivered to their house and then sent on to me? I'll pay all costs hehe

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?ITEM=300742

i think they ship internationally by UPS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?ITEM=300742

i think they ship internationally by UPS!
    Guess what i just found (hehe) I actually squealed when i saw it (oh i'm so sad)

BUGGER NOT INTERNATIONAL.
    (link i just posted)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Guess what i just found (hehe) I actually squealed when i saw it (oh i'm so sad)

BUGGER NOT INTERNATIONAL.
    (link i just posted)

hang on, was the link i posted not international or did you post one that you just found out didnt ship to UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    hang on, was the link i posted not international or did you post one that you just found out didnt ship to UK?
    the latter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    the latter
    aww!

and how about the one i posted? did that not work out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    aww!

and how about the one i posted? did that not work out?
    it looks all good But i'm off to africa tomorrow so will leave it untill i come back i think. i need to sign up to find out about delivery costs too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    it looks all good But i'm off to africa tomorrow so will leave it untill i come back i think. i need to sign up to find out about delivery costs too.
    okey dokey have a good time in africa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    okey dokey have a good time in africa!
    Again, thank you very much for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Quick question for converse wearing people: do you find that you take a different size converse to normal shoes? I've read lots of sites recommending that you go down a half a size or so with them. Any experiences people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    F. Poste - I am waiting for my rep!
    you cheeky b*stard, want to do that? PM them, you sound too desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Quick question for converse wearing people: do you find that you take a different size converse to normal shoes? I've read lots of sites recommending that you go down a half a size or so with them. Any experiences people?
    I get the opposite, I'm a size 5.5 yet take a 6, as I found the fabric around the back to be a little tighter than expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    you cheeky b*stard, want to do that? PM them, you sound too desperate.
    I see the post is deleted now :rolleyes:

deej2, I was away yesterday when the 24 hour limit passed up.... You know, I offered rep as a way of rewarding someone who would help me out, and even though you were unsuccessful, I thought I'd rep you for being kind enough for trying.. but seeing as it's fairly self-evident you only bothered for the rep anyway... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wear converse but I get through them really quickly - they last 3 months at most. I currently have green ones with massive holes in the sides

MB

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.