Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...and were given a very large sum of money by a magic leprichaun, which of the above would you spend it on, and why? (The magic leprichaun specified you could only spend it on one of the above).

EDIT: Option 1 should read Education - not just schools: youth clubs etc.

ReputationRep:
    The above seems to be missing, so I don't know what bit of the above I'd spend it on. Pie, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    i think only by educating people can you start to reduce stuff like crime. 'ignorance breeds contempt' comes to mind

ReputationRep:
    Education, education, education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Education, education, education.
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inequality)
    why?
    without an educated and skilled population, nothing else works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    without an educated and skilled population, nothing else works.
    I agree. But we already have an education system, so what would you put the extra money towards?

I am Prime Minister. I say education.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. But we already have an education system, so what would you put the extra money towards?
    i think the current education needs improving.
    if not education then proabably welfare (cant i give half to one and the other half to the other )

ReputationRep:
    Pass a major tax cut and let the people spend the money however they want, not how I want, because they know what they want much better than me.

ReputationRep:
    I would put the money towards employing more teachers, in order to have a smaller number of pupils in a class. Improving sports facilities within schools. More money for extra-curricular activities. Also, money towards training teachers to handle pupils with learning difficulties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peach)
    I would put the money towards employing more teachers, in order to have a smaller number of pupils in a class.
    huh? That would, of course, require more classrooms... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why isnt there an option for giving people back there money? Reduce taxes.

ReputationRep:
    Foreign aid of the development sort. For domestic education and welfare spending should be increased by an increase in top rate of tax. More development aid would give millions of ppl a better life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Pass a major tax cut and let the people spend the money however they want, not how I want, because they know what they want much better than me.
    :dito:

I believe government should be as small as possible so I'd also cut welfare spending (only give it to those who need it) and privatise the NHS. Then give the people an even bigger tax cut after spending some on scientific research (progress through technology).

ReputationRep:
    I'd spend it on science research, specically into space travel.

ReputationRep:
    Half on education, half on welfare, but i've chosen welfare to make up the numbers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepaim)
    Foreign aid of the development sort. For domestic education and welfare spending should be increased by an increase in top rate of tax. More development aid would give millions of ppl a better life.
    And higher taxes would give millions of Brits a worse life. Yay for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd invest in education and the minds of tomorrow. As has already been stated, without education, nothing works..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepaim)
    No that's not fair on the people who've worked hard to get good salaries. why should they be taxed so much more than people with lower salaries?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.