Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    oh there we go!! A mod had to put my little thread to bed as it were!
    Those weren't my words, BTW, before someone accuses me of plagiarism.

(Original post by Miles)
    Those weren't my words, BTW, before someone accuses me of plagiarism.
    yeah thats what they all say, you plagerism git! :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Even though people have proved he didn't have a secratary called Kennedy, the rest is still pretty freaky

(Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Even though people have proved he didn't have a secratary called Kennedy, the rest is still pretty freaky
    thanks gemchicken, glad someone agrees with me its freaky and is not going to prove the facts! :p:

ReputationRep:

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
    Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.
    ]

John Wilkes Booth was born in 1838, not 1839.

Presidential and congressional elections occur at regular intervals, so that sort of coincidence should be fairly common.

(Original post by svidrigailov)
    John Wilkes Booth was born in 1838, not 1839.

Presidential and congressional elections occur at regular intervals, so that sort of coincidence should be fairly common.
    :eek: :eek: your right he was born in 1838!! thanks for disproving(sp?) another point! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    thanks gemchicken, glad someone agrees with me its freaky and is not going to prove the facts! :p:
    Haha! That's ok it may just be coincidences, but they're still weird!

ReputationRep:
    I received that ages ago, but they seem to have changed it a bit since then, to make it a little less...crude

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
    A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

ReputationRep:
    I did read that any president who got elected in a year divisible by 40 got assassinated.

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what they all say, you plagerism git! :eek: :eek:
    "plagiarist git" you mean

But Miles does have a point, there must be zillions of facts about each person, so quite a few will be shared with everyone else. And Miles repped me so he's great!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    The coincidences are easily explained as the simple product of mere chance. It's not difficult to find patterns and similarities between any two marginally-related sets of data, and coincidences similar in number and kind can be (and have been) found between many different pairs of Presidents.
    I think there was a discussion about how Colin Powell and George Bush both have ancestors in the British royal family.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Thats cool but weird x

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.