The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
tiempo
as does free running :smile:

providing you do enough of it :biggrin:

Do you mean bulk up legs? If so, then sprints will..to an extent. If you mean mid/long distance, then it wont. To build up legs, do a mixture of Squats, stiff legged deadlifts, and some weighted calf raises should do the trick! :smile:
Reply 21
Hmm, sprinters are getting bigger and bigger, Dwain Chambers is going on 18stone these days I think.
Reply 22
my legs are pretty naturally muscular, can lift 230 kg by pushing them out on that machine that uses both legs, god i sound amateur, im just doing running to burn the fat off them, cos believe it my ass puts j lo to shame
Reply 23
cant spot reduce fat for the 29103th time ..
Reply 24
mik1w
cant spot reduce fat for the 29103th time ..

Youre wrong...29104th time. lol. Nah you're right about that but who you sayin that to? :smile:
Reply 25
you can lose fat over 2 weeks, if you dont eat as many calories as you burn the body takes it from fat cells, its just these cells have memory so you can put fat on easier if oyu dont keep on exercise
Reply 26
octavius
you can lose fat over 2 weeks, if you dont eat as many calories as you burn the body takes it from fat cells, its just these cells have memory so you can put fat on easier if oyu dont keep on exercise

Its not quite as simple as that. You're body would rather give up its muscle tissue than fat cells, which are reserved as the last source of energy. If you stop exercising you may gain back some fat because you are still taking in as much energy (calories) as before, but not using as many as before (through exercise).
Reply 27
i know i know but these scales are very specific, it give you bone mass, fat mass, fat percentage, water percentage, muscle mass and percentage, metabolism age and fitness level lol! it sends electric current through your feet :tsr:
Yeah
i know i know but these scales are very specific, it give you bone mass, fat mass, fat percentage, water percentage, muscle mass and percentage, metabolism age and fitness level lol! it sends electric current through your feet :tsr:

lol is it not ticklish when it sends the current through ya feet? xoxo
Reply 29
Yeah

and most of the time they're out by miles. :smile: i've used those several times purely out of interest, it's totally different EVERY time, the problem is the thing uses your water content, which varies totally.

in other words, i'd take some measurements, weight and a photo. Check your weight in a months time but leave the measurements/photo for another 3.
Reply 30
Yeah

They are not accurate at all...the only way to measure fat that is worth using is the skin fold test. I had mine done a while back, and it was just below 10% (9.8), which is similar to what i expected. A few days after i tried the scales....18.7%! I dont think so!
Reply 31
tammy_girl
lol is it not ticklish when it sends the current through ya feet? xoxo

Nah its not...thought it would be. Just like normal scales :smile:
Lil_J
Nah its not...thought it would be. Just like normal scales :smile:

lol thats why i wouldnt never try it cause i hate bein tickled lol especially in my feet :frown: !!!! xoxo

edit: but thanks for telling me its not :smile: xoxo
Reply 33
tammy_girl
lol thats why i would never try it cause i hate bein tickled lol especially in my feet :frown: !!!! xoxo

Can you not read properly?
erk
Can you not read properly?

im sorry i meant to say wouldnt :frown: xoxo
Reply 35
erk

measurements, weight and a photo. Check your weight in a months time but leave the measurements/photo for another 3.

Measurements and a photo are probably the best method of recording progress. With weight, you could gain be loosing fat even if you are gaining weight due to gaining muscle (remember that muscle weighs more than fat). :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending