Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    as does free running

providing you do enough of it
    Do you mean bulk up legs? If so, then sprints will..to an extent. If you mean mid/long distance, then it wont. To build up legs, do a mixture of Squats, stiff legged deadlifts, and some weighted calf raises should do the trick!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, sprinters are getting bigger and bigger, Dwain Chambers is going on 18stone these days I think.

ReputationRep:
    my legs are pretty naturally muscular, can lift 230 kg by pushing them out on that machine that uses both legs, god i sound amateur, im just doing running to burn the fat off them, cos believe it my ass puts j lo to shame

ReputationRep:
    cant spot reduce fat for the 29103th time ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    cant spot reduce fat for the 29103th time ..
    Youre wrong...29104th time. lol. Nah you're right about that but who you sayin that to?

ReputationRep:
    you can lose fat over 2 weeks, if you dont eat as many calories as you burn the body takes it from fat cells, its just these cells have memory so you can put fat on easier if oyu dont keep on exercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octavius)
    you can lose fat over 2 weeks, if you dont eat as many calories as you burn the body takes it from fat cells, its just these cells have memory so you can put fat on easier if oyu dont keep on exercise
    Its not quite as simple as that. You're body would rather give up its muscle tissue than fat cells, which are reserved as the last source of energy. If you stop exercising you may gain back some fat because you are still taking in as much energy (calories) as before, but not using as many as before (through exercise).

ReputationRep:
    i know i know but these scales are very specific, it give you bone mass, fat mass, fat percentage, water percentage, muscle mass and percentage, metabolism age and fitness level lol! it sends electric current through your feet :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah)
    i know i know but these scales are very specific, it give you bone mass, fat mass, fat percentage, water percentage, muscle mass and percentage, metabolism age and fitness level lol! it sends electric current through your feet :tsr:
    lol is it not ticklish when it sends the current through ya feet? xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah)
    and most of the time they're out by miles. i've used those several times purely out of interest, it's totally different EVERY time, the problem is the thing uses your water content, which varies totally.

in other words, i'd take some measurements, weight and a photo. Check your weight in a months time but leave the measurements/photo for another 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah)
    They are not accurate at all...the only way to measure fat that is worth using is the skin fold test. I had mine done a while back, and it was just below 10% (9.8), which is similar to what i expected. A few days after i tried the scales....18.7%! I dont think so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    lol is it not ticklish when it sends the current through ya feet? xoxo
    Nah its not...thought it would be. Just like normal scales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_J)
    Nah its not...thought it would be. Just like normal scales
    lol thats why i wouldnt never try it cause i hate bein tickled lol especially in my feet !!!! xoxo

edit: but thanks for telling me its not xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    lol thats why i would never try it cause i hate bein tickled lol especially in my feet !!!! xoxo
    Can you not read properly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    Can you not read properly?
    im sorry i meant to say wouldnt xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    measurements, weight and a photo. Check your weight in a months time but leave the measurements/photo for another 3.
    Measurements and a photo are probably the best method of recording progress. With weight, you could gain be loosing fat even if you are gaining weight due to gaining muscle (remember that muscle weighs more than fat).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.