Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend/Girlfriend's past sexual habits watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    How long has it been? ummmm not that long ago.

I'm just lazy at the moment. Making threads like this are easier than thinking of something original. Maybe I'll go back to starting threads on a serious issue, or on music or something.
    haha, i was only kidding

Music? Nah, stick with the dirrrrty stuff!

On the topic, I wouldn't want to know about my partner's past sexual habits. My ex used to kindly 'volunteer' information and it made me feel like crap. Then if I even mentioned kissing another guy to him he'd fly off the rails :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)
    haha, i was only kidding

Music? Nah, stick with the dirrrrty stuff!

On the topic, I wouldn't want to know about my partner's past sexual habits. My ex used to kindly 'volunteer' information and it made me feel like crap. Then if I even mentioned kissing another guy to him he'd fly off the rails :mad:
    I don't think my threads are dirty :eek: they might allow people to write dirty stuff though...Yeah, don't trust us guys when it comes to that stuff. We make little sense either. Just like guys who sleep around claiming that sex and feelings are separeate and then end up becoming attached to a girl who was only interested in a quick shag:rolleyes: It happens to the best of us.
    Your ex's attitude sounds like the way I react usually. We forget that, we might be fine having had loads of partners, but a girlfriend might not... we forget that it's exactly the same way we become pissed off when we have that image of our girlfriend with another guy in our head.

ReputationRep:
    Just like guys who sleep around claiming that sex and feelings are separeate and then end up becoming attached to a girl who was only interested in a quick shag:rolleyes: It happens to the best of us.
    :rofl: haha!!

Men... :rolleyes: Some of you deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)
    :rofl: haha!!

Men... :rolleyes: Some of you deserve it!
    We do but then so do you girls :p: People suck really.

ReputationRep:
    I always like to find out all about a boyfriends past early on in a relationship - I find it helps to find out what kind of person they are. During a discussion with my ex I found out that I was number 33 and he had recently had a threesome with his then girlfriend and his best friend. I'm quite open-minded and certainly not an angel myself so I chose to ignore this info, as I've always thought you can't judge a person on their past (if this was true I wouldn't get anywhere in life!). However I think with some people (especially in the case of my ex) knowing what they have been like in the past can help prepare you for what they might be like in the present. Looking back his revelations should have sounded alarm bells in my head, as it was an indication of the lack of respect he had for girlfriends, however I gave the relationship a chance (keeping this information still in my mind). I wouldn't say knowing about his sexual past prepared me, but rather it was less of a shock when it turned out some people never change and he did some pretty awful things to me.

Grr... made myself angry now just thinking about it!

ReputationRep:
    With regards to bombshell's post, I don't think I would date anyone who had slept with over 10 people more than I had. Especially if they were younger than me. It would just indicate a complete difference of opinions with regards to sex.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought that, and I slept with him before I realised quite how bad he was..

But saying that, at uni I know a lot of guys who have slept with more.

I guess I'm just drawn to womanisers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BombShell)
    I guess I'm just drawn to womanisers
    :hugs: that's because they know the words to say...because they've had lots of practice. you'll find a decent guy, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    :hugs: that's because they know the words to say...because they've had lots of practice. you'll find a decent guy, don't worry

Did I tell you how ravishingly gorgeous you look tonight? My place isn't too far away you know...

ReputationRep:
    Did I tell you how ravishingly gorgeous you look tonight? My place isn't too far away you know...
    It's the gimlet blue eye isn't it? Come to think of it, what is a gimlet? And why did I just use it in a sentence?

and Liverpool-London?

Not a fan of geography i assume...

ReputationRep:
    LOL what is a gimlet? Leave my eye alone I'm going to change my av now... :p:

ReputationRep:
    LOL what is a gimlet? Leave my eye alone I'm going to change my av now... :p:
    Dunno :confused: but I'm sure I've heard it used in relation to an eye.. or maybe a vulture's eye.

I actually like it - I'm really keen on eyes. So keep it.

ReputationRep:
    Oi you naughty naughty people. Keep on topic.

(talking about sex, not trying to initiate it :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    I like a guy to have about the same level of sexual experience as me. A little bit more or a little bit less is fine. But I like it to be more or less equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Oi you naughty naughty people. Keep on topic.

(talking about sex, not trying to initiate it :eek: )
    *tries to initiate*
    *jams key in emmision*
    *experiences terrible feelings of self-doubt*
    *stalls*
    *dies*

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to know that much about my bf's past sexual partners, and I haven't told my bf much about what I got up to with my ex. Suffice it to say I did certain things with my ex that I have not (or at least not yet) done with my current bf, but I wouldn't tell him this, it would make him feel uncomfortable I think. Much better to let things go their own way and enjoy the ride. (Anyone misinterpret that and I'll hit you where it hurts. Hard.)

ReputationRep:
    Okay, randomness aside, is there any act that you would consider made your gf or bf "damaged goods" as it were? Like, if you found out they'd performed certain acts with multiple partners would you be less inclined to go out with her?

Personally I'm all for freedom of (sexual) expression, so short of telling me she'd had a gangbang with more than 250 men (and only because it's tacky) there's nothing she could have done that would make me less inclined to date her..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd27)
    Okay, randomness aside, is there any act that you would consider made your gf or bf "damaged goods" as it were? Like, if you found out they'd performed certain acts with multiple partners would you be less inclined to go out with her?
    Nothing. Even a gangbang with 250 men. It's not about freedom of expression, it's just a thing that I don't think someone's sexual past should be a barrier to a relationship. If they were doing something like that now, then it would, but not in their past. When I was a virgin I had a long term relationship with a girl who'd had sex with a huge quantity of people. It didn't alter the way I thought about her, and didn't change who she was now from what I'd already got to know.

ReputationRep:
    id want to know cos im nosey like that, but i know that if he did tell me everything it would make me feel weird and uncomfortable. but its always nice to know what your dealing with.

ReputationRep:

aww, thats dead nice Here's hoping! Hey, I'm just off out now, maybe I'll find him....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.