Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hope i get a quick reply!

If a student is studying at a foreign university (not EU) and is accepted onto a course (intercalated Bsc)--and he's a british citzen--is the fee status home or overseas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine89)
    I hope i get a quick reply!

If a student is studying at a foreign university (not EU) and is accepted onto a course (intercalated Bsc)--and he's a british citzen--is the fee status home or overseas?

Intercalated BSc - is he on ERASMUS or similar, or is this a self organised thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Intercalated BSc - is he on ERASMUS or similar, or is this a self organised thing?
    Self-organised.. i asked QMUL if it was possible they said you need refrences from chancellor, dean, and ministry of health plus v.high results and they would conisder ur application for the intercalated Bsc year.

Incidently..what is erasmus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine89)
    Self-organised.. i asked QMUL if it was possible they said you need refrences from chancellor, dean, and ministry of health plus v.high results and they would conisder ur application for the intercalated Bsc year.

Incidently..what is erasmus?

ErASMUS is an EU thing,m so ignore me - you already said he was heading outside of the EU.

If its self-organised, he might find himself without any support from the SLC etc, regardless of what QMUL have said about releasing him to do it.

What course is he on?

ReputationRep:
    FI: http://www.erasmus.ac.uk/

ReputationRep:
    he's first year med at University of alexandrea, egypt. But he has british citzenship. so is he a home or an overseas student during his Bsc year?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh! Why did you not mention he was a medicine student?

1st things - it's not QMUL - it's Barts and The London!!!

2nd - it's highly unusual for us to take non-BL students for intercalated degrees as the med school do not get financially renumberated for them.

Also unusual as BL does not let all its own medical students intercalate - and there are many more applicants than places internally.

Your friend should email [email protected] - I have a more specific email address, but the person he'll need to speak to is not in the office ATM. If he uses the generic one it will at least get through to her assistant.

Fluffy
    2nd year medical student, Barts and The London.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it's the same but when I applied to QM, I had to fill out a questionnaire so they could determine whether to assess me as a home student or overseas.

I think the general policy is you have to have been living within the UK regularly for the three years prior to the commencement of your course (not solely for the purposes of education).

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.