Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Flukey)
    i hate pc,pc usually occurs from a bunch of useless beaurecrats annoying tossers.
    Then again, I hate anti-PC. It generally comes from a bunch of stereotyping tossers with the catchphrase "I'm not racist, but...".

(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Then again, I hate anti-PC. It generally comes from a bunch of stereotyping tossers with the catchphrase "I'm not racist, but...".
    touche!

ReputationRep:
    Don't you just hate people who make sweeping generalisations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Hmm yeah - but there are other things which are quite disturbing i.e. the "black music awards"... can you imagine if we had a "whites only music awards" - there'd be uproar!
    Black Music Awards aren't limited to Black people!! Eminem and Justin Timberlake are regularly nominated for MOBOs!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    Black Music Awards aren't limited to Black people!! Eminem and Justin Timberlake are regularly nominated for MOBOs!!
    Surely that defeats the objective :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bred)
    PAKI is widely known to be a racist term. Black people generally take offense to it (and it is often used to describe black people that aren't actually from Pakistan) and thus it shouldn't be used because it's racist.
    If you were flicking through a DICtionary would you mind if I called you a **** flicker or something? You're logic seems a bit warped. What exactly compells you to want to call people PAKIS?
    what has the word "paki" got to do with black people?

pakistan isnt a country with a majority "black" population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Surely that defeats the objective :rolleyes:
    What do you mean? Eminem and Justin Timberlake are quite clearly of a white background. Heck, even Mick Hucknall's got a MOBO!

It's Music of Black Origin - it doesn't mean only black people can win it. Exactly like how the colour of your skin doesn't matter at the Q Awards, etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    what has the word "paki" got to do with black people?

pakistan isnt a country with a majority "black" population.
    Maybe they're including Asians under the classification of "Black"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    Maybe they're including Asians under the classification of "Black"?
    its hard to even make what they said sound spurious.

ReputationRep:
    its hard to even make what they said sound spurious.
    Michael Jackson cocked up on "Black or White"..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    Michael Jackson cocked up on "Black or White"..
    jackson is a black man

regardless of the face paint or plastic products, or skin conditions he has that "make him white"

ReputationRep:
    jackson is a black man

regardless of the face paint or plastic products, or skin conditions he has that "make him white"
    I was refering to the lack of mention of Asians, but never mind..

ReputationRep:
    They are changing name of the city of Blackburn because of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    They are changing name of the city of Blackburn because of this.
    They were considering chaging "Black Country" to the "Grey Country".. that really is PC going over the top. Luckily, the people were vocal in their disapproval and it never happened.

Joss Stone was nominated for a MOBO. Go figure, whatever that means.

(Original post by God86)
    Don't you just hate people who make sweeping generalisations?
    Self-hatred is bad, I'd see a doctor about that.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, we have the "Whites Only Movie Awards", we just call them the Oscars.

That's probably why Halle Berry was so surprised to win one.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you experiment...go call a pakistani a Paki ...and if they dont say anything then PC is wrong...

ReputationRep:
    I heard its not PC to call it PC anymore instead its Culturaly Sensitive? (is culturaly even a word??)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam2005)
    I heard its not PC to call it PC anymore instead its Culturaly Sensitive? (is culturaly even a word??)
    No no no. We mustn't have a word for it, that's mute-ist.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.