Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Damn

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the hotter the shower, the cooler you'll feel when stepping out of the room, because you no longer feel all the hot steam...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spiderwoman)
    Cold shower would cool your body temp. down right? But hot shower seem to make me feel cooler when i walk outta the shower :eek:
    I'll answer for you!

Ermmm I know what you mean kinda, I think that coming out of a hot shower and hitting the air that is cooler than the shower makes you feel cooler...if that makes sense?!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if I was feeling particularly hot, I'd have a cool shower

ReputationRep:
    But would a cold shower be better in the long run?
    Why don't you have a warm shower, not hot, not cold, just warm...best of both worlds

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, have a moderately warm shower. Cold showers are just plain nasty.

ReputationRep:
    Cold.

ReputationRep:
    It happens to me as well but I still do not understand the thread starter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Yeh, have a moderately warm shower. Cold showers are just plain nasty.
    Yep, im agreeing with Vixen. Cold showers = bad, but then again Hot showers = just as bad. They make me feel all dizzy and my skin goes all dry n blotchy for about 15 mins when i get out! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Cold shower would cool your body temp. down right? But hot shower seem to make me feel cooler when i walk outta the shower :eek:
    when you say 'cold showers' do you mean just using the cold water tap? coincidently, i did it today (first time) and even tough it was 30deg, it was still freezing! i don't see how people can stand it.

ReputationRep:
    In this heat, cold shower every time, and yep, that is with tap water cold water.

ReputationRep:
    Cold Showers! I cant stand them!

ReputationRep:
    Start of with a blast of cold water from the shower, then work it upto just warm water, making sure it's not too hot. It's lovely after being out in the sun all day.

ReputationRep:
    I like a nice cold shower, wakes me up in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    A cold shower is nasty but worth it, but it's still nice to step out of a hot one into the cool air

ReputationRep:
    boiling hot showers and freezing cold showers are both nasty! but in hot weather, i'd go with cooler showers. i once tried the having-a-hot-shower-because-it's-colder-when-you-get-out thing. and i fainted. and nobody likes naked fainters!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe this thread is happening! :p: Do you know how funny it is to see the word; 'shower' repeated over and over?! :p: (Or is that me being easily amused again!)

ReputationRep:
    apparently cold showers don't get you cooler in the long run, because they don't allow the sweat to evaporate on your body quick enough which it normally does so in order to make you cooler.

hehe, thought i'd put a sciencey input in :p:
    god, i'm bored

ReputationRep:
    wooo, i killed the thread, woo go me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lukewarm

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.