Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Awww don't worry. :hugs: I'm sure when you get here things will have died down and everything will be ok. You definately won't be the only muslim, and you will meet loads of friendly people who accept you for who you are.

I know coming to a whole new country is a HUGE thing, but most people at Uni will also have just left home, so you will be in the same boat. Everyone will want to make friends, so you will have no problem.

Good Luck and I hope you have the time of your life at Uni, once you're there you won't regret it and you'll wonder why you ever worried!

(Original post by Janealams)
    ya i will definately pm u if i have any
    & thanks buddy u really made me feel better.
    wicked, i will try to do my best to answer the questions you pm hehe.

No problem, i just dont want anyone to come to the UK with any fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Awww don't worry. :hugs: I'm sure when you get here things will have died down and everything will be ok. You definately won't be the only muslim, and you will meet loads of friendly people who accept you for who you are.

I know coming to a whole new country is a HUGE thing, but most people at Uni will also have just left home, so you will be in the same boat. Everyone will want to make friends, so you will have no problem.

Good Luck and I hope you have the time of your life at Uni, once you're there you won't regret it and you'll wonder why you ever worried!
    Thanks
    NO matter wat happened i'll never regret it n hopefully will have the time of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janealams)
    Thanks
    NO matter wat happened i'll never regret it n hopefully will have the time of my life
    I hope so! You'll feel more settled once you get there, you'll be more relaxed and start to enjoy yourself! Good luck hunny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    I hope so! You'll feel more settled once you get there, you'll be more relaxed and start to enjoy yourself! Good luck hunny!
    Thanks Again

ReputationRep:
    Canada is ace too you know, they got the highest standard of living in the world. The natives are all friendly and the lakes are fresh and clean.

(Original post by Naxalite)
    Canada is ace too you know, they got the highest standard of living in the world. The natives are all friendly and the lakes are fresh and clean.
    yeah they have a very good standard of living, but the education system isn't as good ( i know this because my cousins live over there), i think janealams is gogin to the UK for education more than anything rather then the higher standard of living, all though we do have a pretty good standard of living

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naxalite)
    lol now when im coming to Uk u want me to change my mind :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    yeah they have a very good standard of living, but the education system isn't as good ( i know this because my cousins live over there), i think janealams is gogin to the UK for education more than anything rather then the higher standard of living, all though we do have a pretty good standard of living
    Exactly everything was in my mind but i prefered Uk because of education standards.
    Canada's living standards might be better than Uk but not education standards
    my best friend is studying in the same uni in canada where i got admission but still i preffered UK coz i dont wanted to take risk when it comes to my career...
    i believe that uks education especially undergraduate edu is the best in the world.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.