Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everybody, tell us all about the best and worst weeks in your life. I can't atm think of the best, but the worst week I had was the last of 2004, when I had a migraine that was truly unbelievable. It lasted for 5 days, Monday to New Year's Eve, and when I was hospitalised, and put on a drip on NYE thankfully it went away. It was horrible as I couldn't do anything and had to sit still in agony, it took me quite a few weeks to get back to being confident enough to do anything properly again. I was crying from the pain of it but thankfully it went! One of the best weeks came when I went to France in Y13 for an exchange, it was so nice and fun especially with the nice weather!

ReputationRep:
    my worst week was the last week of alevels!

My best week WILL hopefully be freshers week

ReputationRep:
    i cant think of my worst week... my best was probably spending a week in germany with loads of new people my aage getting rather hammered for the week. either that or last year's reading festival !

ReputationRep:
    Why haven't more people posted in my lovely thread? Do you all dislike my threads?

ReputationRep:
    My best and worst week were probably the same week. Falling in love with someone and feeling terrible for it

ReputationRep:
    If you think about it, wasn't last week one of the best and worst for this great country? Live 8 happened and then we won the Olympics and then the tragedy of the bombings. News wise it was absolutely unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    Mine were the same as well, passed my driving test which I'd been looking forward to for years, then 5 days later wrote off my dads car big style...

ReputationRep:
    In some ways, last week. Last week, initially, I had a wicked time being a student mentor at my uni. I loved it! Also, on wednesday, we had a wicked atmosphere when the results of olympic vote was announced. Then, it turned out to be a scary week, because of Thursday. It was scary being in Russel Square and knowing how lucky you are. And then the sort of surreal atmosphere after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    My best and worst week were probably the same week. Falling in love with someone and feeling terrible for it
    That sounds really cool/interesting...like you could write a play about it or something.

I think my best week was probably the last week or so of school in xmas term 2004, for a number of reasons...was in an awesome production of the crucible, had my cambridge interview on the morning after the last performance, last school carol service (which is always fun), end of season rugby dinner...which is followed by a major night of clubbing...during which I asked out my crucible co-star who I'd fallen for...then end of term...then a massive cast-party at the new girlfriend's house

Worst week...not really sure...maybe breaking up with said girlfriend quite recently, that was pretty bad but generally I think I'm too optimistic to have labelled any of my weeks as worst weeks of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Best week: Italy school trip, Feb '04, although I got upset because my best mate was putting others down to make herself look good, from this I realised other people actually like me and care. I suddenly completely clicked with someone I never understood up until then. I got really thin, had cool clothes, got 'most stylish award' at the end. And had the best dance of my life with someone, then fell for him bigstyle on the last day, great because I'd never really fancied a guy before.

Worst week: Fell out with best mate, Nov '04, everyone sided with her and it felt like she'd taken everyone who used to just tolerate her, and now I had no-one, then totally freaked out the guy above (probably because I was so stressed).
    There have been other probably worse weeks, like before my birthday this year, I fell out with mates and people were saying they couldn't be bothered to go to my party and my mum was taking out her anger on me. Worst day- definitely my 17th birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Best week: Italy school trip, Feb '04, although I got upset because my best mate was putting others down to make herself look good, from this I realised other people actually like me and care. I suddenly completely clicked with someone I never understood up until then. I got really thin, had cool clothes, got 'most stylish award' at the end. And had the best dance of my life with someone, then fell for him bigstyle on the last day, great because I'd never really fancied a guy before.

Worst week: Fell out with best mate, Nov '04, everyone sided with her and it felt like she'd taken everyone who used to just tolerate her, and now I had no-one, then totally freaked out the guy above (probably because I was so stressed).
    There have been other probably worse weeks, like before my birthday this year, I fell out with mates and people were saying they couldn't be bothered to go to my party and my mum was taking out her anger on me. Worst day- definitely my 17th birthday
    Where did you go in Italy? I went skiing feb 03/04 as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam2005)
    Where did you go in Italy? I went skiing feb 03/04 as well...
    rome and sorrento, not near any ski-slopes i don't think?!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.