Turn on thread page Beta

Would you carry on education if you won the lottery? watch

ReputationRep:
    University is gonna have some of the best experiencs of our lives... If you won the lottery, what would you do instead?!? roll around in a huge quadruple king sized 4 poster bed all day, waiting ofor your interest to accumulate another £500 grand...

twould be boring.

Anyhow, that say that money cant buy happiness...

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!! I certainly would *thinks and is thoroughly aware of not only how much her current degree is costing her, but how much a masters of physio is going to cost her too: ie. 20K per year postgrad - I was like 'wtf???' :rolleyes: :eek: when I found out y/day morning'

Omg even if I won the lottery I don't even think I'd have enough for a car lol lol or not of my dreams at any rate considering what I'd prolly do is pay off the first degree (right now I owe the govt. a fair bit ) and fully pay off the 2nd, instead of getting loan like what I'll have to no doubt do :/

Nevermind, determined I am to achieve my goals regardless :cool:

Anyway seriously if I won that much I'd want to put some of it to good causes, particularly environmental and for animals too :p:

DB_x

P.S. BTW cool thread * gemchicken * !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    My question is, would you carry on with your education...college/Uni/training course...so that you could get a job and have a career, or wuld just just forget about education and go on a 20 year long holiday without the worry of money?
    I would still go to university and have a job when I win the lotto. The lottery money will be spent on loads of stuff, after that, there might not be much left, and it might lead to no money at all. Therefore, having a job will be good, so after the lottery money is spent and gone, there is some money from my job to spend on.

yes,but i might move to another country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    what u talking about?

a few million (lets say 10).

you can pay off your education in less than £100,000 and thats 1/100 of your total winnings!

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would carry on, and would have a jolly good time at that. Wow, imagine going to university a millionnaire. I'd be able to control myself and make sure I studied though. I'd stay on in education and do my PhD etc. And then afterwards I could risk trying to become an author or something!! Don't NEED a career but I'd get one if I got bored.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh. I'd pay for the most expensive degree course in the best university that I can possibly haul my ass into. This is invariably a course in Medicine. Of course, it also means you don't have to live like a pauper during your uni days and can afford to give girls lavish treats.

ReputationRep:
    woaah..id carry on my education as usual and become an engineer, maybe use the funds in the future to set up my own firm or whatever....although my hobbies will become expensive-er ones.....i would buy a track car and join an amateur race series and race and race and race...how sad...an i would buy lots and lots of chocolates..mmmm chocolates...oo i might buy a scrapyard too...

ReputationRep:
    I would still be a doctor, but I could buy myself a luxury city apartment near the hospital

ReputationRep:
    yeh definately.........

thats all i have to say! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would. what i would do is take out a certain proportion of the total winnings, say 75-100k and put the rest into an account and set it up with the bank that the money cant be accessed by me untill i'm like 28/30. i would then have enough to do what i want within limits till then. get my career going and so forth.

Imagine the interest on the total as well after a few years!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    of course i'd carry on education, whether i actually worked after that much :confused: I'd prefer to be educated than rich too

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.