The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Megalomaniac
I don't get it...most of the females who have put down their weight and height here seem severely underweight according to a Body Mass Index (BMI) Chart?!

Height: 5'8" or 173cm
Weight: 9st 3 lbs or 129 lbs
BMI: 19.62

Ideal BMI for our age (assuming we're all young adults) is between 19 - 24.

Check your BMI here >>>*clickity*

Hey hey hey! Who you calling underweight!?
kriztinae
Weight: 55kgs...about 110 pounds... dunno how much in stone does anyone know??

16 ounces in a pound, 14 pounds in a stone. 2.2 pounds per kilogram.
Weight: 8 st 7lbs

Height: 5' 8''

NDGAARONDI

Easy conversion from stones to Kg is to multiply by 6.35.

Marcus
Reply 124
marcusfox
Easy conversion from stones to Kg is to multiply by 6.35.

Marcus

i'd hardly call getting a number in stone and pounds, dividing the pounds by 14 then adding to the stone, then multiplying by 6.35 easy:rolleyes::
chewwy
i'd hardly call getting a number in stone and pounds, dividing the pounds by 14 then adding to the stone, then multiplying by 6.35 easy:rolleyes::

Well here's an alternative easy conversion.

Take your 'weight' in pounds and multiply by 16 and that will give you it in ounces. Now there are 28.35g to the ounce so multiply that oz x 28.35, then divide that by 1000 for kilograms. :rolleyes:
chewwy

It's not that hard. You round down to the nearest stone and then multiply by 6.35 to get in kg For an estimate, make it 6.5. Then you add on the pounds at ~500g each (454). Maybe be a kilo or two out at the end, rather than if you just try to multiply the pounds in your head by 2 (not 2.2)

I would say that it's harder to convert stones and pounds to just pounds and then work that out in kg in your head. Each to their own though.

Marcus
Weight:7stone

Height: 5ft 4

Weight: 7st 10 / 104lbs /47kg
Height: 5foot 7inches
Reply 129
man there are some seriously grossly skinny people on here. Either that or they have bones which weigh nothing.
Reply 130
weeee my longest thread :p:
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 8st 2-4

I feel fat... too many stick people here!!

Are the 'normal' people too put off by these readings to put up their info?
Reply 132
lol i love how the fat people complain
Reply 133
grace
man there are some seriously grossly skinny people on here. Either that or they have bones which weigh nothing.

Thats exactly what i was thinking! I thought everyone would weigh quite a bit more than most have said! :p:
Reply 134
Height: 6 foot 1 inch
Weight: 68-71kg (it varies)
Bmi: 20.6
Weight = 7.5 stone (47kg)

Height = 5"4.5 (164cm)

Age = 16

Gender = Female.
NDGAARONDI

i weigh 8.6 stone :eek:
i need to loose weight!!!
Reply 137
ooo i ve just taken my measurements today in a gym.lol
weight: 75kg
height: 182.8cm (lol accurate)
and male.
Reply 138
I think its obviously the smaller people that are confident enought to put their weight down. Its highly unlikely that most of the girls on this board are underweight! Everyone is saying 8 stone or thereabouts... hmm..

I'm 20, 5ft6 or 166cm, female and I weigh 9 stone 3. More than most girls on here, yet I'm a size 10 and probably the slimmest out of most of my girl friends....
Jenna999
I think its obviously the smaller people that are confident enought to put their weight down. Its highly unlikely that most of the girls on this board are underweight! Everyone is saying 8 stone or thereabouts... hmm..

I'm 20, 5ft6 or 166cm, female and I weigh 9 stone 3. More than most girls on here, yet I'm a size 10 and probably the slimmest out of most of my girl friends....

i think size 10 is the perfect size.... :redface:
im only a size 8 cos i got small bones...
id say im a chubby 8 tho :redface:

Latest