Main_Du_Bois
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey guys, if something like this already exists I do apologise.

Basically I've decided to stop being so lazy and get back into learning languages as I'm planning to do some travelling after uni.

I'm not one to do things by halves so I've started learning French, Spanish and to a lesser extent Russian.

I'm looking for people to talk to on MSN/Skype/Email in order to improve my vocab and grammar. I've also got the rosetta stone packs for all 3 languages and the pimsleur sets for French and Russian. I have some other set for Spanish as I could only find Latin American pimsleur.

If you feel kind enough to help me it would be most appreciated... regular +rep of course! Obviously if you want to learn better English I'd be happy to reciprocate.

I know learning 3 languages at once will be hard but I started before in the summer and its not as bad people think if you timetable what you're learning. It all tailed off when i got back to uni though and the drinking/partying started again! No more being lazy!

------------------

Those are my buddy needs but if you're also looking for a language buddy just post in this thread.... maybe the mods could make it a sticky or something?

Take care. x :cool:
n13715
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Unfortunately I don't really speak those 3 languages
But I am doing German As level at the moment, so if anyone else is, PM me
laughingwithpicasso
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldn't mind finding someone to help me improve my Spanish (I'm a little beginner still!). Email/MSN would be awesome.
bex285
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd like some help with French and Spanish if anyone's interested?
GilmoreGirlsFan
Report 9 years ago
I'm doing AS spanish and don't mind helping anyone whose doing a GCSE or something. If anyone wants to help me too, that'd be much apreciated
Aaaaaaaargh!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm doing A2 French at the moment, and would be happy to help any GCSE students out, just PM me with an MSN address or whatever.

I'd be wary of helping AS students, because I think our standards would be very much the same, but I'd be happy to just talk/revise rather than actually teaching/helping. It'd have to be more mutual learning. But, again, happy to help anyone in need!

So yeah, I await PMs!!
whatistheanswer???
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by n13715)
Unfortunately I don't really speak those 3 languages
But I am doing German A level at the moment, so if anyone else is, PM me
Hi, im doing AS German at the moment. Maybe we can help each other.
Jacinta
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did A-Level Spanish last year and I'm studying it at University at the moment so I'm happy to help any GCSE/AS/A2 level students if I can.

I'd really love someone whose done A2 Russian or is fluent to help me with my rather poor beginners Russian! Aaah so many cases!
Lizia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I speak pretty much fluent French, so I'd be happy to help anyone who needs it, provided you're not expecting massive emails every day, or three-page translation corrections
Undulipodium
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I speak French to a fair standard (post-A2), but I've let things slide somewhat recently, so it'd be nice to refresh my French. I am, however, fairly busy, so there are similar caveats to the poster above.
Wanischa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm up for the Spanish one.

I'm not that good at grammar but I'm trying to improve it...

Anyone with good Spanish grammar is welcome to PM me :]
areyousure?
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am native Spanish, so if anyone wants my help just PM me =D

I have done GCSE French if that helps as well xD
rmoney
Report 9 years ago
Im pretty fluent in russian and study A2 Spanish and if i may say so im pretty good at it so anyone requiring help at any level is welcome to pm me
GilmoreGirlsFan
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Wanischa)
I'm up for the Spanish one.

I'm not that good at grammar but I'm trying to improve it...

Anyone with good Spanish grammar is welcome to PM me :]
what level are you at? i'm doing AS
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If anyone can help with A2 German - preferably someone who is degree level or fluent - that would be awesome
Wanischa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GilmoreGirlsFan)
what level are you at? i'm doing AS
I'm doing A-level :]
GilmoreGirlsFan
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Wanischa)
I'm doing A-level :]
Oh I doubt I'd be able to help then I'm just about getting to grips with it myself :rolleyes:
anoif_
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm doing AS French and would kind of just appreciate someone to speak in French to on MSN or whatever and for them to tell me when I'm doing things wrong grammar-wise. Not really looking for someone to teach me, more someone to practise on - though that sounds a bit like using someone...anyway, let me know anyone
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bex285)
I'd like some help with French and Spanish if anyone's interested?
If those two don't come together, I could do French. I finished the A2 last year, so I might be a little rusty, but I'd probably benefit from brushing up on it too! :p:

(/stalker :ninja:)
KaddyKadKad
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm currently studying for A2 Japanese and A2 French, so feel free to PM or MSN me~
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads