Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I left uni at the start of my last year of Law (B.A.) as I was diagnosed with a serious illness. Now I am in remission and will return (fingerscrossed!) next October. I am extremely concerned that I will mess up -I can't really remember how to learn! It is a very big work load and I feel that even if I start now I will never be prepared! I also know that I am in need of alot of rest (my immune system has taken a battering and I get extremely weak). Any advice? I was thinking of taking a course of some kind before attending next year, so that I can at least have a good basis (as I won't be able to study with the same intensity as other students). Has anyone heard of law courses in the UK (eg weekend or revision type courses, at degree level?). Also am wondering if it is best to do a little each day on something (I will choose my subjects now and then try to save some money to buy books). Any tips or websites on learning? egroups on learning law? Do you think OU tutors will give lessons privately? Any ideas on mentoring during the course? Any other fora or message boards? I am so relieved that I have found this page - please excuse all of the questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly11)
    I left uni at the start of my last year of Law (B.A.) as I was diagnosed with a serious illness. Now I am in remission and will return (fingerscrossed!) next October. I am extremely concerned that I will mess up -I can't really remember how to learn! It is a very big work load and I feel that even if I start now I will never be prepared! I also know that I am in need of alot of rest (my immune system has taken a battering and I get extremely weak). Any advice? I was thinking of taking a course of some kind before attending next year, so that I can at least have a good basis (as I won't be able to study with the same intensity as other students). Has anyone heard of law courses in the UK (eg weekend or revision type courses, at degree level?). Also am wondering if it is best to do a little each day on something (I will choose my subjects now and then try to save some money to buy books). Any tips or websites on learning? egroups on learning law? Do you think OU tutors will give lessons privately? Any ideas on mentoring during the course? Any other fora or message boards? I am so relieved that I have found this page - please excuse all of the questions!
    Unfortunately, I can't answer most of your questions. However, I've just had a long conversation with tommypip on law conversion courses, he seems to know a lot, send him a private message and I'm sure he will help you- he took the time to amswer all my questions!

Try google- there should lots of law stuff on the net, I'm sure you can find something of use. Have you told the uni you're applying to about your health problems? In this case, they'll probably help, such as: allow you to take breaks in the course if it gets too much, allow you to tape lectures and give you special handouts, maybe even special tutorials. Ask them, that's the first thing I would do.

Sorry, not much help... Good luck!!!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.