Turn on thread page Beta

Potential emigrants: Where do you intend to settle down and why? watch

ReputationRep:
    Potential emigrants: Where do you intend to settle down and why?

Where:
    Presently, I could defiantly imagine myself seeking employment in a bank or other financial institution in Vienna or Zurich (eventually Munich). Perhaps I would meet a sweet Austrian/Swiss German girl and settle down.

Why:
    - The highest quality of life (much security, etc.).
    - Beautifully situated and it is really in the heart Europe.
    - Great career prospects for a potential Fund Manager.
    … And so forth …

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on emmigrating the US. I'm going on a high school year abroad to Portugal soon, so that'll be really cool. But, that's not the rest of my life. I hope to go to uni in England or Ireland. EU immigration is SOOOO HARDDD i have no idea how I'm going to get around it afterwards. I'm hoping that I'll get a job there after uni really quick so that i can just get a work visa and stay. Eventually though, I'd like to move to continental Europe. By then I'll be able to speak at least 6-7 languages, so I can choose just about anywhere in Europe to look for a job(after a couple of years of working around where I gradguated uni)

also, if all else fails, i'm eligible for israeli citizenship, so i can take that up at any time.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if I'd emigrate for sure, but if I go into academia (big if - haven't a clue what I want to do..) then the great money + resources are in the US (even for classics!). So maybe there, if I decide to be a hack.
    Otherwise, I'd love to live in Italy... I figure if I move there I'd have to learn the language eventually, and it's so beautiful.. Just listen to any italian speak english, it's like music.

ReputationRep:
    Australia. Simply reason the women are good looking, most of it is hot, its miles away from anywhere so its less of a threat.

Actually forget that its too far away. I guess Stockport will be ok, its not too far (6 miles).

ReputationRep:
    I would go to France and the reasons why are innumerable - I will just go for personal reasons.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.