Turn on thread page Beta

"Pupils shine brightest at grammar schools" watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    lord woteva the rest of ur name is - no i wouldnt have those who earn less taxed more, and yeh it may not be the way the economy goes round at the moment, but my opionion stays the same, people should get taxed equal amounts, this tax shouldnt be great, and people should pay for things that aren't essential to a human existance in todays world, such as an amazing education/healthcare. Afterall someone has to clean the toilets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    Afterall someone has to clean the toilets.
    Only it couldn't be you, god forbid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    lord woteva the rest of ur name is - no i wouldnt have those who earn less taxed more, and yeh it may not be the way the economy goes round at the moment, but my opionion stays the same, people should get taxed equal amounts, this tax shouldnt be great, and people should pay for things that aren't essential to a human existance in todays world, such as an amazing education/healthcare. Afterall someone has to clean the toilets.
    could you rephrase this using proper words and punctuation.

ReputationRep:
    i think fistpate, what you are failing to realise, is that I don't think it is essential for everyones prospects to be raised. yer so the person in poundstretcher is working hard to scrape by, but do I think that they should get the best education/healthcare etc avaliable (more than essential to survive) - no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    i think fistpate, what you are failing to realise, is that I don't think it is essential for everyones prospects to be raised. yer so the person in poundstretcher is working hard to scrape by, but do I think that they should get the best education/healthcare etc avaliable (more than essential to survive) - no.
    So you believe in a class system, where one's future is decided by one's patronage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    As much as I resent Michael Moore's spew, I think he was right when he said the only way certain people will appreciate certain things is if something bad happens to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    Yes but you don't know their circumstances! I could be working in Poundstretcher if for example I'm struck by a mental illness or an illness or a victim of rape or death. You don't know these people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    As much as I resent Michael Moore's spew, I think he was right when he said the only way certain people will appreciate certain things is if something bad happens to them.
    The irony is that most people who enjoy privelage nowdays and take views such as emzie's is that they need only to trace back their family two generations and can often find a miner or a mill worker or someone who really struggled to get by.

ReputationRep:
    No i'll express my opinions in a method which suits me, if you fail to understand what I write gramatically wise, don't read it and I wont read yours, using that much used to remark to try and undermine my opinions is old. So get a new one.

and yes fishpaste, to an extent that is what I believe and also down to bloody hard work, luck and intellegance, and **** stuff has happened to me in my life, more than you know and that I would tell anyone and yet my opinions remain the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Yes but you don't know their circumstances! I could be working in Poundstretcher if for example I'm struck by a mental illness or an illness or a victim of rape or death. You don't know these people!
    Funnily enough, the girl who works in my local poundstretcher was probably quite an able person before she was raped, something which made her mentally ill.

ReputationRep:
    humm well my family traces back to the landed gentry in Ireland on one side and shop owners on the other, what relevance what you said has, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    The irony is that most people who enjoy privelage nowdays and take views such as emzie's is that they need only to trace back their family two generations and can often find a miner or a mill worker or someone who really struggled to get by.
    Yes, and I find it rather unsettling that there's nothing that can knock some people off their horse of illusion, really no concept of reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    humm well my family traces back to the landed gentry in Ireland on one side and shop owners on the other, what relevance what you said has, I don't know.
    Trace it back further. Behind all privelage is graft. You might not lime to admit it or want to remember it, but it is true. At one time your family was the equivelant of the 'working in pound-stretcher' analogy we are using.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    No i'll express my opinions in a method which suits me, if you fail to understand what I write gramatically wise, don't read it and I wont read yours, using that much used to remark to try and undermine my opinions is old. So get a new one.

and yes fishpaste, to an extent that is what I believe and also down to bloody hard work, luck and intellegance, and **** stuff has happened to me in my life, more than you know and that I would tell anyone and yet my opinions remain the same.
    Do tell, I'm sure you've never had a *****y retail job, I can tell that for sure.

ReputationRep:
    eugh totally right my parents made me get a job once as a washeruper at the local pub. Lastest 2 times before giving up. It was discusting. I could never work in a mundane job, hats off to people who can. Anyway, nice convo, i've gota go out now! byeee xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    and ill just say the *****y stuff goes beyond all this superfical crap that basically we've been talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    eugh totally right my parents made me get a job once as a washeruper at the local pub. Lastest 2 times before giving up. It was discusting. I could never work in a mundane job, hats off to people who can. Anyway, nice convo, i've gota go out now! byeee xxxxxxxx
    Exactly, except some people have to because otherwise their child will be taken away from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    Most don't work in mundane jobs out of choice. You don't realise how much of a brat you sound.

ReputationRep:
    hats off to them but it doesnt change my views

ReputationRep:
    w/e I know im not a brat in real life, if you knew the person behind these comments you would know that i'm not brattish - well mayby slightly

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.