Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Home and away beats neighbours any day in my opinion neighbours I would class as being slow and cheesy anyone agree??

ReputationRep:
    In the last 12 years or so I'd say H&A is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hulachick15)
    Home and away beats neighbours any day in my opinion neighbours I would class as being slow and cheesy anyone agree??
    Yes I agree, but they are slightly different shows anyway, its just because they are two Aussie soaps started within a couple of years of one another that people see a rivalry between the two.

Most people say they used to watch H&A when it was on ITV but they don't any more.

In terms of drama, H&A beats Neighbours by a long way, but Neighbours wins on the comedy stakes. Neighbours is probably more for the relaxing, chill out, kind of soap, whereas H&A is your typical dramatic soap, with big stories and far pacier storylines.

In comparing them to UK soaps, not in terms of quality, but in terms of audience and purpose, H&A would be something like Coronation Street and Neighbours perhaps a slighlty stronger version of Hollyoaks.

But generally, I do prefer H&A really.

Home & Away > Neighbours.

Absolutely no crumpet left on Neighbours either.

ReputationRep:
    Neighbours is the best soap on TV!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabz)
    Neighbours is the best soap on TV!!!!!!!!!!!

yes ur completely right....

dont no how ppl can compare h&a to neighbours!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Yes I agree, but they are slightly different shows anyway, its just because they are two Aussie soaps started within a couple of years of one another that people see a rivalry between the two.

Most people say they used to watch H&A when it was on ITV but they don't any more.

In terms of drama, H&A beats Neighbours by a long way, but Neighbours wins on the comedy stakes. Neighbours is probably more for the relaxing, chill out, kind of soap, whereas H&A is your typical dramatic soap, with big stories and far pacier storylines.

In comparing them to UK soaps, not in terms of quality, but in terms of audience and purpose, H&A would be something like Coronation Street and Neighbours perhaps a slighlty stronger version of Hollyoaks.

But generally, I do prefer H&A really.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    My whole class always has discussions about Neighbours and what we think will happen, I never ever hear h&a being chatted about... Wonder why that is...?

:p: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    NEIGHBOURS!!!!!!! I used to watch both but then Home and away is hard to keep up with coz its at an awkward time for me so I lost track ..

ReputationRep:
    Its totally split!

ReputationRep:
    I love both!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabz)
    My whole class always has discussions about Neighbours and what we think will happen, I never ever hear h&a being chatted about... Wonder why that is...?

cos its ****e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vishpatel)
    cos its ****e
    How many episodes have you watched and when was the last time you watched it?

ReputationRep:
    Home and Away is pretty awful, I always remember when they had that episode with the ghost, genius that was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabz)

MAybe thats because its on satilite now and as i'm sure you will know not everyone has it (i've never really gotten into neighbours anyway)

ReputationRep:
    Neighbours is the best australian soap broadcasted on British T.V. Home and Away is dull and boring!

ReputationRep:
    "Neighbours" is where it's at :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Neighbours is way better than Home & Away :p:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.