Turn on thread page Beta

How do i find out how many points or Grades needed for a uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    if i was to apply for a Uni how would i find out what kind of Grades or how many point they are expecting before hand.

ReputationRep:
    the best website is www.ucas.com

it has all hte uni course, the entry requirements etc

ReputationRep:
    Look on the university website under the undergraduate prospectuses!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ucas.com/search/index06.html
    http://www.ucas.com/higher/tariff/calc/calculator.html (if your offer is in points, use this website to input the grades, so you know what points you have)

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I'm quite possibly going to end up with a UCAS tariff score of over 1000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Woah! Just how many A-Levels are you doing?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Alyssa~)
    Woah! Just how many A-Levels are you doing?!
    It's possible. I know one of my friends got more than 300. I've seen some entrance requirements almost up to 400 points. :eek:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by foxo)
    The UCAS calculator is a bit rubbish unfortunately! According to that calculator, I too have a ridiculously high score, but when universities specify offers based on points they usually specify "from X, Y and Z qualifications" (e.g. assuming you're doing the Scottish qualifications, 300 points from AHs in Maths, Physics and Chemistry or something). Kinda fun though to see how many points you get from the pointless "qualifications" like core skills and stuff though!
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLlama)
    The UCAS calculator is a bit rubbish unfortunately! According to that calculator, I too have a ridiculously high score, but when universities specify offers based on points they usually specify "from X, Y and Z qualifications" (e.g. assuming you're doing the Scottish qualifications, 300 points from AHs in Maths, Physics and Chemistry or something). Kinda fun though to see how many points you get from the pointless "qualifications" like core skills and stuff though!
    Jenn xx
    Yeah. The fact that they count our standard grades probably shoves in another 300 or so points.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.