(Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    because the mods remove anything remotely interesting
    Do I have to vapourise you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revenged)
    lol... your not selling the book very well
    Hang on *Grabs book off shel*

Here's the blurb:

"In orwells frightening version of the future, society is under the control of big brother, every aspect of life is closeley monitored, while any hint of unorthodoxy is ruthlessly suppressed by the thought police.

The ministry of truth where Winston Smith works is the party's propaganda machine - a secret rebel - winston yearns for liberty and finds new hope when he falls in love with the earthy, uncomplicated Julia.

Instead he discovers a nightmare world of terror where the price of freedom is betrayal"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    Do I have to vapourise you?
    Unperson* :p:

ReputationRep:
    Freedom is allowed on this site, it just has to be within strict parameters, personally approved by me and devoid of any free thought which might interrupt my cleansing process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    "In orwells frightening version of the future, society is under the control of big brother, every aspect of life is closeley monitored, while any hint of unorthodoxy is ruthlessly suppressed by the thought police.
    Sounds frighteningly like :tsr:

I think we should vapourise all the moderators for spoling fun and for grossly interferring with are literary conversations in this thread causing mass stupidy

RANDOMNESS kills remember that Miles

Ok... here's what you call random 2 + 2 = 5 (Your name isn't original as you just copied a radiohead song)

Would you rather be stuck in solitary confinment with 10 lumps of cheese (preferably sacriligous cheese) or all the members of busted and McFly???
    The cheese. For the love of God, the cheese. McFly (The BAND) should be shot on site. Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox, star of Back To The Future 1-3), on the other hand, is a genius, and would be turning in his grave if he knew his name was being usurped by a bunch of pop puppets...

And if I liked McFly, I wouldn't have a Radiohead song as my username; the two are mutually exclusive. McFly and Radiohead do not mix. Ever. At all. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    RANDOMNESS kills remember that Miles
    Is that a threat? :p:

DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER
    DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER
    DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER

(First person to say that they actually quite liked the TV show, deserves death.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    And if I liked McFly, I wouldn't have a Radiohead song as my username; the two are mutually exclusive. McFly and Radiohead do not mix. Ever. At all. Ever.
    Ever ever?

ReputationRep:
    Phew... i'm glad to know your sane 2 + 2 = anything you like

Radiohead is well a depressing band though... even worse than coldplay (which has become more unbeat). I like some of their songs but i prefer more unbeat rock stuff if you get me drift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER
    DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER
    DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER

(First person to say that they actually quite liked the TV show, deserves death.)
    I'm so proud of myself - my first thought was 'what TV show?'. Alas, I then remembered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    Is that a threat? :p:
    It's whatever you want it to be... like a box that you don't know what's inside

ReputationRep:
    It's whatever you want it to be... like a box that you don't know what's inside
    *opens box*

oh my GOD!!

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead is well a depressing band though... even worse than coldplay (which has become more unbeat).
    Is "unbeat" the opposite of "Beat" (as in poets, generation, etc.)?

ReputationRep:
    your not allowed to open the box or you'll get vapourised by the old great powers that be moderators

ReputationRep:
    yeah, wtf is unbeat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    yeah, wtf is unbeat?
    newspeak, duhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    Is "unbeat" the opposite of "Beat" (as in poets, generation, etc.)?
    was a typo m'dear and meant to be upbeat, lol

what a great avatar btw, shoes come in boxes btw!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.