Turn on thread page Beta

Karl Rove's possible involvement in CIA identity leak watch

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4674617.stm

If it's established that Rove was responsible, what should happen to him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)

Well, it IS a crime, though I think it's one of those Cold War-era crimes that wouldn't really be socially acceptable to bring harsh punishment today. And, I don't think anyone could say that he's necessarily a security risk, since it's not as though he keeps a list of CIA operatives to dish out in emergencies. And, no matter what they try to do, there will always be a loophole for him to continue his current role, which is what most people are crying about.

So, in summary, I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    If he IS found to be involved, it will be very interesting, as Bush went on the record when the investigation was starting, saying that he'd fire any member of his staff that was responsible for it.

ReputationRep:
    If he IS found to be involved, it will be very interesting, as Bush went on the record when the investigation was starting, saying that he'd fire any member of his staff that was responsible for it.
    Well, he can be "fired" and still wind up being an off-the-books advisor, so it doesn't really matter what he does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Well, it IS a crime, though I think it's one of those Cold War-era crimes that wouldn't really be socially acceptable to bring harsh punishment today. And, I don't think anyone could say that he's necessarily a security risk, since it's not as though he keeps a list of CIA operatives to dish out in emergencies. And, no matter what they try to do, there will always be a loophole for him to continue his current role, which is what most people are crying about.

So, in summary, I have no idea.
    The irony is that we have a reporter in jail, who didn't publish a story about what is not crime. :confused:

P.S. NHL's back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    The irony is that we have a reporter in jail, who didn't publish a story about what is not crime. :confused:
    Well, you can't really appreciate politics if you don't love irony, now can you?

P.S. NHL's back.
    I just found out about an hour ago--been too busy to find out myself. Very exciting! Any word on the details of the draft lottery? Are they going to base the drawing on the 03-04 rankings? Mario and the rest of the Yinzers would *really* like to have Crosby...

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can't really appreciate politics if you don't love irony, now can you?
    It seems we have another Clintonesque investigation on our hands, where the investigation focuses almost entirely on what happened after an event that is determined not to be a crime.

I just found out about an hour ago--been too busy to find out myself. Very exciting! Any word on the details of the draft lottery? Are they going to base the drawing on the 03-04 rankings? Mario and the rest of the Yinzers would *really* like to have Crosby...
    Supposedly we won't hear anything for about a week until the deal is finalized by both sides.

Well, it IS a crime, though I think it's one of those Cold War-era crimes that wouldn't really be socially acceptable to bring harsh punishment today. .
    It's only a crime if the CIA person is a covert operative, it's not clear that Valerie Plame was.

The law is fairly recent (recent being subjective), it came about when some guy released the names of CIA operatives in several countries, which resulted in 2 or 3 of them being assasinated.

There's a zero percent chance that he commited a crime, but he should resign for being imbecilic.

ReputationRep:
    The league will reschedule its draft, with the consensus top pick expected to be Sidney Crosby, an 18-year-old center from Nova Scotia. Because last season was canceled, the N.H.L. has been said to be considering a weighted draft lottery that would favor the teams that have done poorly over the last few seasons, not only the 2003-4 season.
    It looks like we have a decent shot of getting Crosby.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.