Turn on thread page Beta

Ive had enough of my age! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, disregard my post above lol since you've just answered it!

Though as I said, you may just be due a late growth spurt (in whatever department!) so I shouldn't worry too much! I know a lot of girls my age who look a bit younger, but no-one who I would say is 13/14! Give it a year or so

ReputationRep:
    grow up would ya?

ReputationRep:
    There's not really much you can do, being honest. I don't have the problem myself, but I know a lot of people who do, so you're not exactly an oddity. Loads of people look younger than they are. In fact, there was this woman once on the TV, who was 27, and she still couldn't get into films rated 'Certificate 12'! Now, you ain't that bad off. I used to look around my age, but I probably look a little older now. I suppose I dress like a student, but not intentionally, I just like the style (or I guess you could say student's dress like me! :p: Either way I'm chatting **** now, because you can't really define how students dress...*rambles*).

Er, anyway, yeah I'm quite young for my year, well very young, I'm 16 in August, but will be starting my AS Levels in September. I've been charged student fares on buses for over a year now though, and people sometimes mistake me for a Sixth Former (today for example!), and I get into clubs and stuff. But I don't look greatly older than I should.

To be honest, as sad as it is, you're more likely to get served and stuff if you pile on the make-up and flash the flesh. It's sad, but that's the way it works (namely because most bouncers/check-out peeps are men). Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    Ok im 19 well 20 in a few months and everyone who doesnt know me thinks im 13/14 :mad: I hate going into shops buying alchohol cause when I show the shopkeeper my ID their like 'OMG you look no where near 19' and everyone around kinda stares at me obviously thinking the same thing. My cousin told his mates my age and at his birthday do one of them said 'is it true your 19' I said yeh and he gave me a weird stare then looked away lol.
    A few weeks ago (last story promise ) I was walking to the shop with my mum and she started talking to someone she knew and the women looked at me and said 'has she had a good day at school' :eek: She didnt even speak directly to me lol.
    Anyone know how I can look older? I wear the same clothes as other 19 year olds :confused:
    I just wondered if any of you girls have this problem?
    You'll be laughing in 30-40 years when everyone else looks about 70 and you still look to be in the late 20s :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    Ok im 19 well 20 in a few months and everyone who doesnt know me thinks im 13/14 :mad: I hate going into shops buying alchohol cause when I show the shopkeeper my ID their like 'OMG you look no where near 19' and everyone around kinda stares at me obviously thinking the same thing. My cousin told his mates my age and at his birthday do one of them said 'is it true your 19' I said yeh and he gave me a weird stare then looked away lol.
    A few weeks ago (last story promise ) I was walking to the shop with my mum and she started talking to someone she knew and the women looked at me and said 'has she had a good day at school' :eek: She didnt even speak directly to me lol.
    Anyone know how I can look older? I wear the same clothes as other 19 year olds :confused:
    Hehe, you'll like it when you get older.

I'm 21, going on 22 in September and everyone thinks I'm like 17/18! :p: Maybe not on here, but I can tell you - they certainly do in real life!! Like I was getting advice about postgrad courses recently (soo keen on Msc Physio :eek: - if anyone has any info PM thx), and the person who I was talking to assumed I was inquiring about first degrees and asked what high school I went to :rolleyes: When I told her I was almost finished my degree in Bsc, well she looked really surprised!

Also at some clubs I practically get asked for my passport to enter the vicinity, and on buses everyone just assumes I'm in school, not at uni.

So on a good note, when we turn 30 it's highly doubtful we'll actually look it :p:

DB_xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    For example when you're 40 and feeling a bit lonely (if you're not married by then lol) you can go out clubbing and pull a frisky 20 year old
    :rofl: hahahaha i'll keep that in mind when I'm 40 :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I'm 26 and last year, some 15 year old asked me if I was over 16 when I tried to buy razor blades (don't under 16's need to shave?). Only time that's happened though. Most people guess at 21-22, so not bad I guess.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    i have the same problem!!!! i'm 17 but look about 12. it doesn't help being only 5ft, so everytime i go out, i put on thick eyeliner!!!! its horrible, because when i go to the cinema, I barely get in for a 15! i can't even wear heels because my feet are only size 1!!!

ReputationRep:
    well at least you don't have the problem that you're mistaken for being much much older than you are and there for have really annoying leary men try and pick you up! like hell i'm 18 and people think i'm 25! and in this country (india) that's not nice!!

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting ID'd for buying alcohol and I'm 22 (well 22 sounds old so I'm 21yrs and 56 weeks ) but look at this picture I took of the sign in my local shop where I was asked for my ID....

So, its not my fault I get confused!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i went out to a gig with my bro a couple of months ago - i'm 19 and he's 28, and he got ID'd! how i laughed...it has happened when i've been out with my 26 year old sister too. and neither of them actually have ID - my brother doesn't drive anyway, but my sister has a paper license cos she passed before photocards were around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    hehe lol don't worry I get the same. A yr12 girl in school thought I was in yr7 and I was actually in yr13 although that's an extreme case - most people tend to think I'm a year or two younger than I actually am.

Hey think of it this way - when you're 30 and everyone asks if you're 21, you'll be thankful for looking young :p: it's what I tell myself!

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

I'm 14, look 17, act between 13 and 20. I could tell people I'm any age between 13 and 18 and they'd believe me. I love myself .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    I agree.

I'm 14, look 17, act between 13 and 20. I could tell people I'm any age between 13 and 18 and they'd believe me. I love myself .
    Tit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    I keep getting ID'd for buying alcohol and I'm 22 (well 22 sounds old so I'm 21yrs and 56 weeks ) but look at this picture I took of the sign in my local shop where I was asked for my ID....

So, its not my fault I get confused!
    This kinda stuff is good though.....I was in Arizona (USA) last year and in most large supermarkets they have signs up saying "If you appear to be under 50 years of age you will be asked for ID" for things like alcohol and cigarettes.

As I mentioned before, I look a bit younger than I am, so it's good to get back at the people who are 16 and look 20 and think it's so cool that they can get served alcohol or get into clubs. I say bring that to Britain - if you appear to be under 50 then you should be asked for ID....and people should stop being so angry about it, it annoys me when people get angry about being asked for ID. SORRY BUT IT'S THE LAW AND IF THEY DON'T CHECK THEN THEY COULD BE CLOSED DOWN! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Tit.
    You're just jealous :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    I have a similar problem I'm 18 and loads of peole who don't know think I am younger, I even had people thinking that i was 10 years old once. If it wasn't for the size of my bust it would probably happen a lot more often.

ReputationRep:
    What's your bust size?

Before anyone says anything, I'm not being perverted, I'm wondering how the size would make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    What's your bust size?

Before anyone says anything, I'm not being perverted, I'm wondering how the size would make a difference.
    34 DD, but i have a v. small bone structure.

ReputationRep:
    I have looked mid/late twenties since I was about 18/19.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.