Turn on thread page Beta

I'm worried about uni accommodation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I do not want to share bathroom facilities - that is just disgusting! *insert throwing up smiley here*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starbuck*)
    I do not want to share bathroom facilities - that is just disgusting! *insert throwing up smiley here*
    Please tell me that is a joke.

If not why?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you already share them with your family at home? Siblings can be just as disgusting as people you don't know (yet).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    If this is what you worrying about now I hate to think what you will be like when you get a job. Accepting and tolerating other people is very much part of growing up.

Believe it or not at some point you will be forced to co-exist with people that you don't like.

Uni is a protected environment that in most cases sheilds you from life outside. Learn to deal with it at uni, before you get to the real world.
    I realise that. I am a flexible person and can mix with all sorts of people so don't lecture me on that, thanks. I can accept and tolerate others!

I think you didn't grasp what I said in my first post of the thread - I have nothing against heterosexual geezer/blokey men, but I am the complete opposite in every way and am worried about not fitting in.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. If my accommodation is shared, i'll find some other place lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    I agree. If my accommodation is shared, i'll find some other place lol
    hm... depends who you share with. Alex from ancient big brother (the one in the domestos ads?) is finnnnne by me but some slob who leaves pubes in the shower and shavings in the sink (or even the other way round) ... i'd run :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    Don't think jade goody's twin sister wont have an offer for UCL
    that's true... i am doing geography at uni... and jade goody the elder thought essex was a country or whatever she said... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyeba)
    hm... depends who you share with. Alex from ancient big brother (the one in the domestos ads?) is finnnnne by me but some slob who leaves pubes in the shower and shavings in the sink (or even the other way round) ... i'd run :eek:
    Lmao!! Yes Alex from BB3 would be like the perfect room-mate, although he was a bit of a knob (but very clean). Pubes in the shower is just minging, especially if they're ginger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Basically I'm really worried about having to share accommodation with several terribly heterosexual men
    What the hell?! You're either hetrosexual or you're not.

Perhaps University isn't the best place for you.

ReputationRep:
    Solution: Go to SOAS. All rooms are en-suite and Maxwell types don't apply. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    What the hell?! You're either hetrosexual or you're not.

Perhaps University isn't the best place for you.
    I wasn't actually being serious when I said "terribly hetrosexual men" - what I meant was really masculine/football/beer drinking stereotypes.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.