Turn on thread page Beta

what to do for the next? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I haven't been on this much so people will have to guide me jsut a little...

I in the middle of a major heart ache situation at the moment! I have just graduated from school, boarding school, and have needed to leave my boyfriend. He lives in Nepal (i am NOt making this up! I life in India n am coming to the UK for uni in september) and since he lives in nepal i haven't seen him for a month! we had the most amazing relationship that really sprung from the most amazing friendship - and then we bacame friends who started maknig out! how's that for a best friend! He totally understands me and loves me like crazy....but the problem is that he's goign to uni in the US!! What do i do next? it will be at least two years if not more befoer i see him again!! will i ever last? we have really close friends for a long time but have only been together for a couple of months!~~
    what do i do? i miss him like a part of me is missing... but i now find it hard to imagine his voice or anything! and no picture does him justice....

Just needed to ramble...
    ....to any one who'd listen!

ReputationRep:
    God thats intense! I have never experienced/ heard of such a strong bond between two people before but I know how it feels to be heartbroken! But do not fret because I know it's gonna be hard and I know no one could replace him but the thing is you're gonna have to let him go for a while! He's in the Us and you'll be in the Uk and if you try a long distance relationship , it won't work.
    When you come to the Uk you may meet lots of wonderful guys and friends who will show you a good time and help you "forget" your guy. That doesn't meen you won't hear or see each other again... you just have to grit your teeth and wait. Does he have an email adress? Or even Msn messenger? Thats what I use to communicate daily with my friends... I even managed to talk to my brother in Africa using msn so it should work there. You may even be able to meet up once in the 3 years of university. And as you said you used to be good friends and the fact that you got together showed you are close and that brougt you closer together and the fact that you're still friends now means that you are very likely to remain good friends forever. So all I can say is good luck ... I know what you mean by a picture won't help but it will at least be a starting point, because he'll be in your heart( sounds cheesy) ... now i'm blabbing .... :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that.. makes me feel a bit better to talk..
    the thing is that i don't want to forget him.. but i know i need to move on... but mostly it's him that i worry about... he's not exactly looking forward to the US... and he's not goign to have all that great a time... he's short for a guy and that in the US would be a draw back... the thing is that we come form a really close kit boarding school where our whole class were like borhters and sisters - really strong bonds - so the understandign from ppl outside would be a bit less that we are use to... if you know what i mean...

Any way... he is amazing! and we have the most amazing relationship... It's not this superficial physical thing that a lot of ppl end up with! we acally can talk and i feel a little interlectual around him... even though he's amazingly smart!

well... it's all about moving on right??

ReputationRep:
    well if u want to still be together it will be hard but if u both love each other and are both willing to try it may just work, all you need is faith and strong love which you already have by the sounds of it. i wish you 2 the best of luck x x x x x

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.