What people think of muslim women covering themselves

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Sana Hussain
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What do you lot think of a muslim woman covering herself ????
Espiacally when she is wearing a scraf????
DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY COVER THEM SELVES?????

i just want to see what other people think???????
as i already know the answer, as i am a muslim woman.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sana Hussain)
i already know the answer, as i am a muslim woman.
so do i, my mum is a muslim..so am i
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well if they wish to do that to follow their religion or whatever then thats cool.

Its a different story if they do not agree to it...
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This seems a little strange...
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think this thread is silly..
Sana Hussain
(Original post by Mr White)
This seems a little strange...
Well how do they seem a bit strange?????
what is your point???????????
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone else find the thread-starter's name and mannerisms a little suspicious?
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
perhaps
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
perhaps
Good call, tocarisch.
Sana Hussain
(Original post by Anna)
i think this thread is silly..
well, noooooooooooo
I am trying to do some research for my religious studies a levels,
i have been told to go here.
MAYBE SOME PEOPLE will give some of there opnions.
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone else find the thread-starter's name and mannerisms a little suspicious?
uh huh
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ive always wondered y they cover themseleves up though... Wots the point?? I know its religion n all but y do people tek religion soo important?? But people shud b able 2 express their feelings n opinions so i guess thats how they do it ( ?!)
gayboy09
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Yes you are a woman, a woman implying post 18, a post 18 year old you does not have a good grasp of grammar and can not spell.

If you really were a muslim (which you are not), my instinct says you are of asian origin. As asians do the best in exams in this country as they value education, you seem to be an anomylous result.
In fact, I think you are a white person trying to create a race hate scandal, and this is not good.

I do apologise if you are a true muslim, but it seems doubtful as why would someone with a deep faith intend to hear views of other people.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gayboy09)
Yes you are a women, a women implying post 18, a post 18 year old you does not have a good grasp of grammar and can not spell.

If you really were a muslim (which you are not), my instinct says you are of asian origin. As asians do the best in exams in this country as they value education, you seem to be an anomylous result.
In fact, I think you are a white person trying to create a race hate scandal, and this is not good.

I do apologise if you are a true muslim, but it seems doubtful as why would someone with a deep faith intend to hear views of other people.
I thought that we had been blessed with your absence in a permanent condition. Sadly, it appears not.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gayboy09)
Yes you are a women, a women implying post 18, a post 18 year old you does not have a good grasp of grammar and can not spell.

She said that it was part of a research thing. You can't just go about dismissing people.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol @ gayboy again - have some rep..

my opinion..

those women/girls that do wear headscarves for instance, in my opinion, do it either because they feel they shud be wearing it because they're muslim and other women they know wear it and it'll look bad not to.

for the younger girls..i think alot of them are forced into wearing headscarves by their parents because by doing so, the parents feel as though they are raising their daughter well and that other muslim families will respect them for doing so.
Mittow
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am a muslim and i wanted to wear one, when i told my parents- infact they didnt want me to wear one but i think that i feel more respectable in one. wearing a scarf does nt stop me wearing jeans ect.. i stillwear jeans and 3/4 sleeved tops etc, its just some pople think that wearing a scarf will stop u doing alot of things than others, i think this is wrong- okay i have got racialy abbused more but other then that...
oh yea- i would of never guessed u were a muslim shockzz! sorry.
gayboy09
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I thought that we had been blessed with your absence in a permanent condition. Sadly, it appears not.
How sad, may you mourn it.
No further comment...
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mittow)
i am a muslim and i wanted to wear one, when i told my parents- infact they didnt want me to wear one but i think that i feel more respectable in one. wearing a scarf does nt stop me wearing jeans ect.. i stillwear jeans and 3/4 sleeved tops etc, its just some pople think that wearing a scarf will stop u doing alot of things than others, i think this is wrong- okay i have got racialy abbused more but other then that...
oh yea- i would of never guessed u were a muslim shockzz! sorry.
I dont mind head scarves so long as they don't cover the face. Whichever moron who either a) interpreted or b) put in the quran about coving faces obviously had no idea about the fundamental nature of facial expression. I dont like scarves that only allow the eyes to be seen simply because you can't see what state the person is in - happy sad, scared etc.
It just seems a tad suspicious that the lord god/allah (who has no sex) would say (coincidentally only to a man) that women must cover themselves and obey their father/husband.
T'is all just a level of control
J
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

not being funny, but wot if some1 who wore 1 of them robbed a shop. they'd easy get away wiv it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.47%
Confident (17)
9.5%
Indifferent (17)
9.5%
Unsure (40)
22.35%
Worried (97)
54.19%

Watched Threads