Turn on thread page Beta

What people think of muslim women covering themselves watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafiees)
    what are you talking about.....if the reason behind banning religious symbols is to prevent them from influencing ppl's ways of life, surely all such symbols should be banned.... including those advertising a western way of life. they can't be selective in what they want ppl to be influenced by....
    you are so dense, they are doing it to stop the muslims from influencing their way of life, they are just being nice and not saying it outright............. they are part of western society so they cannot be influenced further with regards to that. They just plainly dont want the traditional image of france to be ruined

ReputationRep:
    precisely.....they dont want their current culture to be 'spoiled' by other cultures....which comes back down to 'our culture is better than yours'. surely people should be given the freedom of choice between cultures....not have certain cultures censored away from their sight....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafiees)
    precisely.....they dont want their current culture to be 'spoiled' by other cultures....which comes back down to 'our culture is better than yours'. surely people should be given the freedom of choice between cultures....not have certain cultures censored away from their sight....
    true but the french government, and we will soon find out if they are re-elected or not,have decided that they want their traditional culture to be unchanged and they have made the decision. It is probably not a decision we would make but if the majority did so it results in no real harm in my view, france is already a racist place maybe this will help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodomx)
    Being a muslim, you must wear a hijab. If you believe in god, do not have any suspicion about what is in his book. And don't ask non-muslims about it. There are books and some good sites to refer to. You must wear u r hijab and there is no question about it. I hate muslim girls who do not wear a hijab when going out.
    just shut up plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shift3)
    [24:31] And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms [...]

Then you should have no problem showing the arab quranic verse of 24:31 showing that there indeed is a word which states "headcoverings".

I am pressuming you have not bothered to do so. Because in that case you would see that there is no obligation to cover your head. Stop makign things up or referring to translations. Show me the exact arab word in the quran which states what you think it does.

And yes I understand and read arab just fine so don't worry about that. I won't hold my breath.

I also find it interesting that the quran would enforce on its female followers a dresscode which is christian/jewish. Jewish first. Would you like the evidence? Well look in a history book or refer to one of my links in my last posts. Or maybe the truth is too bitter to swallow?

ReputationRep:
    i admire them for covering themselves up. it shows how much repsect they have for their religion to go around like that. people can immediately recognise them as being muslim whether its in a good or bad way and they are proud of it. there arent many people that would willingly cover themselves all in black especially when in hot countries like in the middle east. people like that have to be respected. whatever their religion may be and whoever they may believe in, at least they are following it with without shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodomx)
    Being a muslim, you must wear a hijab. If you believe in god, do not have any suspicion about what is in his book. And don't ask non-muslims about it. There are books and some good sites to refer to. You must wear u r hijab and there is no question about it. I hate muslim girls who do not wear a hijab when going out.
    And I hate it when people talk without any substance or evidence. Has islam not taught you to refrain from lying? Because that is what you are doing. Show the proof or be silent.

Oh and your God, You know Allah?, well apparently he has ordered you to verify what you believe:

"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them." 17:36

When exactly are you going to do that, if ever? You do realize that scholars, mere men, do not equate to verification or the truth? You must have proof of what you believe and if you are telling the truth, which you are not, then show it.

A dose of truth to you:

And I think, if you hate people, because they are not willing to wear a piece of cloth which is neither ordered nor suggested in their faith, then that makes you a hypocrit and a intolerant being. Are you male by any chance?

The word "Hijab" appeared in the Quran 7 times, five of them as "Hijab" and two times as "Hijaban," these are 7:46, 33:53, 38:32, 41:5, 42:51, 17:45 & 19:17.

None of these "Hijab" words are used in the Quran in reference to what the traditional Muslims call today (Hijab) as a dress code for the Muslim woman.

Hijab in the Quran has nothing to do with the Muslim Women dress code.

Hijab is something male chauvanists driven by intolerance, small egos and powertrips, decided to implement. Never mind covering every hair is a JEWISH tradition of faith. It is ordained by several jewish Rabbis. Also do not forget the Christian catholic nuns. You are not allowed to imitate christians or jews or else you are one of them. Is that not what your prophet said on more than one occasion?

So which is it? Muhammad, a prophet, is lying or God (perfect and infallible, right?) "forgot" to put in the word hair, which in arab translates to "Shaar" and head would be "raas". Yeah I am sure God forgot. He just made a mistake.

Putting words in God's mouth surely can not be the only defence you have. Why do you persist on clinging on to well nothing but ignorance? Why don't you verify things before putting such rigid belief in them?

ReputationRep:
    I think Outrageous is taking this debate far too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i admire them for covering themselves up. it shows how much repsect they have for their religion to go around like that. people can immediately recognise them as being muslim whether its in a good or bad way and they are proud of it. there arent many people that would willingly cover themselves all in black especially when in hot countries like in the middle east. people like that have to be respected. whatever their religion may be and whoever they may believe in, at least they are following it with without shame.
    I think following their faith with ignorance is more like it.

If you want details, Neha then I have put my references and such on page 11 of this topic. Read and judge for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I think Outrageous is taking this debate far too seriously.
    And? That's it? Well not that I see how that is a problem but I do find ignorance to be a problem and thus serious, I guess. I find matters of female suppression to be serious. I find withholding the truth and preaching nonsense to feed feeble male egos serious and disturbing.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.