Turn on thread page Beta

What people think of muslim women covering themselves watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crack iZ Wack)
    U are totally wrong, this religion (Islam) is compatible with every situation because it's not only a spiritual thing, it is a whole way of life, a complete ( in other words "course")
    a complete way of life? a spiritual thing? how is that compatible?

what does a muslim put first, the word of allah or the word of english law?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh ive found something to say for Vienna’s sake.

Wearing the ****ing scarf isn’t part of no religion, especially not islam… now im no theologist but like I said earlier in some post like yesterday its all made up **** by religious people wanting control coz they have an agenda.

Im finding it so hard to type…I think all that alcohol has got to my head.

Its got nothing to do with no ****ing liberalism or oppression **** Vienna. If I wanna wear the scarf I can ****ing go out now and wear it.. and if I wanna wear a bikini I can do that now too…except for its cold…lol…I think covering up would more beneficial…

It seems like I have more freedom than Vienna because I can chose either lol she can only wear skimpy stuff and GET COLD AND FREEZE AND GET FROST BITE…

Poo..with an H man…

ReputationRep:
    What does a protestant or catholic put first, the word of god or the word of english law?

(Original post by gayboy09)
    Yes you are a woman, a woman implying post 18, a post 18 year old you does not have a good grasp of grammar and can not spell.

If you really were a muslim (which you are not), my instinct says you are of asian origin. As asians do the best in exams in this country as they value education, you seem to be an anomylous result.
    In fact, I think you are a white person trying to create a race hate scandal, and this is not good.

I do apologise if you are a true muslim, but it seems doubtful as why would someone with a deep faith intend to hear views of other people.
    Haha, You are basically condemning this girl's use of grammar and the word 'woman' and yet you can't even get it right yourself!!!
    It's 'You do not', not 'you does not'. It's 'as to why' not 'as why'.
    J

ReputationRep:
    i was under the impression that whilst it is traditional for muslim womed to coevr themselves, it is by no means compulsary. i understood they coul wear what the wanted, and that there were greater ways of pleasing and devoting themselves to allah?

i am not a muslim, so i may be wrong, feel free to correct me if you KNOW FOR SURE, but this was what i htought...?

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by vienna95
    cut it with the fashion critique. non-muslim women are free to wear what they like. muslim women are not. the practicalities of it are irrelevant.
    yes, muslim women should wear hijab. it is against the commandments of god not to. But the choice of them being a muslim in the first place is theirs. They chose to be muslim. If they do not agree with the teachings of islam, they do not have to be muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Western values etc are not compatible with eastern ones.
    no. and thus you lose social cohesion.

you make it sound as if the east are inferior to the west and therefore should follow western tradition.

who are you to criticize muslim traditions etc?
    unbelievable. i never said or implied anything of the sort.

(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Oooh ive found something to say for Vienna’s sake.

Wearing the ****ing scarf isn’t part of no religion, especially not islam… now im no theologist but like I said earlier in some post like yesterday its all made up **** by religious people wanting control coz they have an agenda.

Im finding it so hard to type…I think all that alcohol has got to my head.

Its got nothing to do with no ****ing liberalism or oppression **** Vienna. If I wanna wear the scarf I can ****ing go out now and wear it.. and if I wanna wear a bikini I can do that now too…except for its cold…lol…I think covering up would more beneficial…

It seems like I have more freedom than Vienna because I can chose either lol she can only wear skimpy stuff and GET COLD AND FREEZE AND GET FROST BITE…

Poo..with an H man…
    Yes, because in the Western world we force women to wear skimpy clothes...
    Come on, lets go have a sweater bonfire....
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.ahmad3)
    yes, muslim women should wear hijab. it is against the commandments of god not to. But the choice of them being a muslim in the first place is theirs. They chose to be muslim. If they do not agree with the teachings of islam, they do not have to be muslim.
    so islam does not allow them to wear what they like. i think that was my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    no. and thus you lose social cohesion.

unbelievable. i never said or implied anything of the sort.
    Vienna, you seem to have it rammed into your head that the eastern world should follow the western world and that muslim traditions etc are wrong.

At least muslims in general follow their religion closely, which is more that can be said for christians (or so called....)

ReputationRep:
    so islam does not allow them to wear what they like. i think that was my point.
    yes but if they choose to follow islam, then clearly they accept that they must wear so and so or watever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    What does a protestant or catholic put first, the word of god or the word of english law?
    christianity developed hand in hand with roman law. the fluctuation of power between the church and state throughout history is well documented, but english law is built on christian principles and thus compatibility is rather easier to acheive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Yes, because in the Western world we force women to wear skimpy clothes...
    Come on, lets go have a sweater bonfire....
    J

no one forces women to wear skimy clothes...my god...i have to extremes vienna and foolfarian...

ReputationRep:
    christianity developed hand in hand with roman law. the fluctuation of power between the church and state throughout history is well documented, but english law is built on christian principles and thus compatibility is rather easier to acheive.
    So, a priest that have heard a confession of murder should tell it or not?
    Touche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Vienna, you seem to have it rammed into your head that the eastern world should follow the western world and that muslim traditions etc are wrong.
    and where does this fabrication come from...?
    i never said anything of the sort. i said that they were incompatible, if ur so insecure and melodramatic as to read inferior in to this then i would consider your feeling on the matter ahead of mine.

At least muslims in general follow their religion closely, which is more that can be said for christians (or so called....)
    who are you to criticise christians ?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this is going to sound a bit 'contraversial', or 'non politically correct'. So if you are easily offended, don't read it.

As far as im concerned, if a family has migrated into this country, they should be made to learn ENGLISH and ENGLISH TRADITIONS. They have no right to critisise the way our law is contructed because of their 'religious rights', if they dont like the way it is... then goodbye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    no one forces women to wear skimy clothes...my god...i have to extremes vienna and foolfarian...
    i dont really know what ur on about, but i think youve lost the basis of my(our) comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    So, a priest that have heard a confession of murder should tell it or not?
    Touche.
    that is his decision as a citizen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    Maybe this is going to sound a bit 'contraversial', or 'non politically correct'. So if you are easily offended, don't read it.

As far as im concerned, if a family has migrated into this country, they should be made to learn ENGLISH and ENGLISH TRADITIONS. They have no right to critisise the way our law is contructed because of their 'religious rights', if they dont like the way it is... then goodbye
    I don't agree about the language or the traditions (even when it's an advantage the knowledge of both) but the law is the law, you must learn it or you gonna have troubles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    yes but if they choose to follow islam, then clearly they accept that they must wear so and so or watever.
    ye, so they cant wear what they like, non-muslim women can. thats what i said about a page ago. read the thread title.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.