Turn on thread page Beta

What people think of muslim women covering themselves watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    well if they did no one has pointed it out.
    No? Open you eyes!!!

"i.e. the American who told his preist that he gave away secrets to the Russians. The priest didn't tell the authorities."

I didn't say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crack iZ Wack)
    Ok , I'm wrong , I take back whatever I said about stop sending me replys
    FOOL, it is automatic! You have to unsuscribe formt eh thread, before you get more deluged onto you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    what do u mean where?

you talk for an hour about western being superior, then u say "where" in order to make us gather quotes from you.

"more liberal", "democratic" etc - "less social cohesion"

ringing a bell?
    where do i talk about western being superior? or are you just going to lie continually?

western societies are more liberal and more democratic. whether you believe that is better or not is a matter of opinion. since you criticise me, you evidently feel the same way.

social cohesion is an issue in any state.

ReputationRep:
    where? talk about chip-on-shoulder. *shakes head*
    sorry, i think i must have missed somehting? chip-on-shoulder? could you clear this up please, instead of just making personal accusations without backing them up?

ReputationRep:
    corrupted? i think that proves my point.
    what point?

western side is better because its more "liberal", "democratic", less social cohesion - rubbish

eastern side should follow western side - rubbish

muslim traditions are worse than western ones as there is less choice and les freedom etc. - rubbish

your views are just ridiculous, i dont have a clue how on earth people criticized maskall (me) in my old days compared to you, you are just like a troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    yes, the point that the western world is so amazing and better than the eastern world.

doubt it.
    Actually and unfortunately the western is more advanced than the eastern world because we(eastern) played around for the past 100 years.thats the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    exactly. ditto.

she has it rammed into her brain that western is better than eastern automatically.
    how did you get that impression???? or are you being prejudicial?

my point was, the eastern side is more religious than the western side, therefore why should the east suddenly be like the western side.

Why not the other way round?
    because the western value system is the overwhelming norm in western society, thus it is easier to see eastern principles being incompatible with those established in the west. were we discussing eastern states, it be the reverse.

ReputationRep:
    where do i talk about western being superior? or are you just going to lie continually?

western societies are more liberal and more democratic. whether you believe that is better or not is a matter of opinion. since you criticise me, you evidently feel the same way.

social cohesion is an issue in any state.
    well, u said the eastern world should follow the western world, for reasons such as "more liberal" "democratic" "More social cohesion".

clearly u think west is superior.

ReputationRep:
    Actually and unfortunately the western is more advanced than the eastern world because we(eastern) played around for the past 100 years.thats the truth.
    not in that respect, i am talking about faith/religion/etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    what point?

western side is better because its more "liberal", "democratic", less social cohesion - rubbish

eastern side should follow western side - rubbish

muslim traditions are worse than western ones as there is less choice and les freedom etc. - rubbish
    who said all that?

your views are just ridiculous, i dont have a clue how on earth people criticized maskall (me) in my old days compared to you, you are just like a troll.
    hmm, interesting. i dont really know what views u disagree with but you seem to be upset nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    well, u said the eastern world should follow the western world, for reasons such as "more liberal" "democratic" "More social cohesion".

Western ideals/concepts.

ReputationRep:
    because the western value system is the overwhelming norm in western society, thus it is easier to see eastern principles being incompatible with those established in the west. were we discussing eastern states, it be the reverse.
    so in order to bring this thread back to title, why shoul deastern women not cover up in eastern society, and what is the problem withthem doin it in western. a non-musilm could cover up if they so wanted, its not against any law!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

where did i say eastern world should follow western? where did i say that? where?

western states are predominantly more liberal and democratic. do you DENY this?

social cohesion is important in ANY nation state. WHERE have implied the contrary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    not in that respect, i am talking about faith/religion/etc.
    well yes we r more religious than them, chritians do not even follow their own religion. I have a proof if anyone wants one, but he will respect himself more if he doesn't want one

ReputationRep:
    who said all that?

hmm, interesting. i dont really know what views u disagree with but you seem to be upset nonetheless.
    you said all that.

in terms of faith/religion, the point of this thread, i dont have a clue as how u feel west is superior to the east when they are less religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    so in order to bring this thread back to title, why shoul deastern women not cover up in eastern society, and what is the problem withthem doin it in western. a non-musilm could cover up if they so wanted, its not against any law!
    Um, lets think this way, in a place such as Saudia Arabia, tourists are normanlly tolerant and they themselves cover up, ie no g strings etc, and long skirts instead. This is because they have to follow local laws/customs. And so it is with eastern women in France, they must follow the law, however morally wrong it is.

We are debating about law, there is no mention of the morality of the law here.

ReputationRep:
    well yes we r more religious than them, chritians do not even follow their own religion. I have a proof if anyone wants one, but he will respect himself more if he doesn't want one
    that is correct.

so many westerns just pretend to be christians, they dont actually follow the religion.

Generally in the western world, people are more religious and actually follow their religion - praying, more mosque visists etc.

so in terms of religion/faith, i dont have a clue why the east should become like the west.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    theres nothing wrong in the simple act of covering up. i spelled out that the restrictions and requirements of islam are not compatible with western values and thus social cohesion is difficult to acquire. all in relation, i assumed, to western societies.

ReputationRep:
    where did i say eastern world should follow western? where did i say that? where?

western states are predominantly more liberal and democratic. do you DENY this?

social cohesion is important in ANY nation state. WHERE have implied the contrary?
    where did u say it?

you said they should follow the western world s they r more liberal, democratic, and it would increase compatiiblity, social cohesion etc.

jesus christ, u r such a troll.

"western states are predominantly more liberal and democratic. do you DENY this?"

no, but who's to judge to whether its better - and more to the point, why should the est folow the west.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    that is correct.

so many westerns just pretend to be christians, they dont actually follow the religion.

Generally in the western world, people are more religious and actually follow their religion - praying, more mosque visists etc.

so in terms of religion/faith, i dont have a clue why the east should become like the west.
    I think u should give up debating with them
    As Allah said : they won't be connvinced with whatever u say unless u follow them

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.