Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Subject: eBay International AG Invoice for Thursday, July 1, 2005 Received: 04-Jul-05

Your monthly eBay Invoice is now available to view online.
    Invoice Date: 01 July 2005
    Amount Due: £7.24
    wtf??? £7.24 went out of my bank account this morning, and I havent bought anything from ebay recently.
    Do you you what this is?

Love BlueAngel xxx

ReputationRep:
    Have you sold anything on Ebay recently, could this be the fees they charge for inserting an item?

If you still cant figure out what it is, contact them asap in case your account has been accessed by someone else, or in case its an error.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Em.)
    Have you sold anything on Ebay recently, could this be the fees they charge for inserting an item?

If you still cant figure out what it is, contact them asap in case your account has been accessed by someone else, or in case its an error.
    Yeah I sold something a month ago and I remember that they did charge me for it, it was only like £2.

ReputationRep:
    They might have split the listing fees in your last invoice and the final value fees in this latest invoice. You can get an itemisation by logging into 'My eBay' and then click on 'Seller Account' and 'View My Invoice' and select the month you want to view. You can see your latest charges by clicking on 'View My Account Status'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    They might have split the listing fees in your last invoice and the final value fees in this latest invoice. You can get an itemisation by logging into 'My eBay' and then click on 'Seller Account' and 'View My Invoice' and select the month you want to view. You can see your latest charges by clicking on 'View My Account Status'.
    Thanks, you will get your rep today

ReputationRep:
    Omg I didnt know they had a seller fee, I thought it was free, serves me right fornot reading the t&c.

ReputationRep:
    It's a pain isn't it - I guess what you sold was quite expensive to have accrued a fee as huge as that. Generally, I budget about 5% of the final selling value to cover eBay fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    It's a pain isn't it - I guess what you sold was quite expensive to have accrued a fee as huge as that. Generally, I budget about 5% of the final selling value to cover eBay fees.
    So if I dont sell anything else, I wont be charged next month?

Yeah I bought an item for £30, used it,got bored of it, and it got sold for £73.

ReputationRep:
    I am getting sick of ebays fees, is its about time they had some decent competition it will ensure they reduce their prices. I am not going to use ebay anymore its becoming too expensive now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I am getting sick of ebays fees, is its about time they had some decent competition it will ensure they reduce their prices. I am not going to use ebay anymore its becoming too expensive now.
    Yeah I just paid £8 for my sellings over the last few months! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol people expect everything for free on the internet
    do you guys realise how much work into making it and launching it?

ReputationRep:
    its hardly expensive what is it about 20p per item.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    lol people expect everything for free on the internet
    do you guys realise how much work into making it and launching it?
    Not very much, hence why there are so man internet-based companies.

ReputationRep:
    consider the risk the people were taking in putting lots of money in developing the software. ebay isn't just some company's website giving contact numbers and product information, it is an entirely different thing.

they deserve their fees. because of ebay millions of people are much more free to buy and sell things around the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yeah I just paid £8 for my sellings over the last few months! :eek:
    :eek: I've had eBay bills over £100/month before! I am a PowerSeller though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Guess again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    err no even listing fees are more than that, what gets you though is the final value fee, not cheap at all.

also paypal's fee for accepting a payment seems massive to me.

the whole thing puts me off selling on ebay because it just seems like there's so many different points at which you get a significant chunk of your money eaten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    So if I dont sell anything else, I wont be charged next month?

Yeah I bought an item for £30, used it,got bored of it, and it got sold for £73.
    No, if you don't list anything for sale, you don't get charged.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    you are buying a service, the service of ebay, if its too expensive then dont use it.. simple. nothing is for free in the world!

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    Well it should be:P

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.