Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please give me some advice?

I am allowed to choose three modules as part of my course.

So far, I have chosen the following:

Spanish (Intensive)

Social Anthropology

and... I am yet to choose from one of the following:

Psychology, Information Technology and Society, or Statistical Methods for Social Research

Which of the above three would you rec. and why?

Also, I have heard little abut Statistics but it sounds interesting.

I am ok at maths (GCSE = C, so not that good) - so, will it be extremely hard? What is it like? etc...

Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    im at the LSE, and i can tell ya you've picked some 'interesting' options. can you tell me what degree you're doing, and i should be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    im at the LSE, and i can tell ya you've picked some 'interesting' options. can you tell me what degree you're doing, and i should be able to help.
    Sure.

BSc Industrial Relations and Human Resources Management (Employment Relations).

ReputationRep:
    ok cool cool, have you got ST102 (elementary statistical theory) as one of your option, because I would probably suggest that. its not maths based at all, and if you do all the work, its quite easy to get a good mark in the exam. also looking on the course page, it says you can choose a module called Quantitative Methods, have you got the course code for that module - because i'm thinking that could be a good choice.

ReputationRep:
    ok cool cool, have you got ST102 (elementary statistical theory) as one of your option, because I would probably suggest that. its not maths based at all, and if you do all the work, its quite easy to get a good mark in the exam. also looking on the course page, it says you can choose a module called Quantitative Methods, have you got the course code for that module - because i'm thinking that could be a good choice.
    Isn't Quantitative Methods Maths? I'm not so good at maths. Although, I must admit, I do enjoy it at times.

What is Statistics like? My course offers "Statistics for Social Research"... is Stats Maths? Is it hard? etc...

Thank you!

Further, what is your opinion on the rest of my possible choices?

ReputationRep:
    Basically if you do Quantitative Methods, you have to do a half module in maths and a half module in stats - MA107 and ST107. Your Statistics for Social Research is practically the same as my Elementary Statistical Theory, same topics just maybe a little more practical, so thats a good option, as its not maths based. Language options are notoriously time consuming, thats really all i know about them. you could always give IS143 (Information Technology and Society) as something a bit different. All the course guides are on:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calen...ergraduate.htm

Anything else? lol

ReputationRep:
    Basically if you do Quantitative Methods, you have to do a half module in maths and a half module in stats - MA107 and ST107. Your Statistics for Social Research is practically the same as my Elementary Statistical Theory, same topics just maybe a little more practical, so thats a good option, as its not maths based. Language options are notoriously time consuming, thats really all i know about them. you could always give IS143 (Information Technology and Society) as something a bit different. All the course guides are on:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calen...ergraduate.htm

Anything else? lol

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    no worries

ReputationRep:
    ........... anymore advice, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bring It On)
    Yes - banana milkshake tastes extra yummy with cream

You're welcome mate.
    If anything, I prefer Chocolate.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 19, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.