Turn on thread page Beta

Stuff to make your room pretty watch

ReputationRep:
    I just decorated my room, and I've got pretty pictures, fairy lights, photographs, and an awesome lava lamp, but I was wondering what other stuff I could get to make it look good? Or any good shops/websites to check out?

ReputationRep:
    How about dream catchers,chimes,mobiles etc. Candles/insence/oil burners are always nice as well

ReputationRep:
    Good idea for a thread I wanna know this too!!!

What I have in my room is lots of nice ornaments, flowers, fairy lights, posters, cuddly toys, a lava lamp, glow-in-the-dark stars ( ), windchimes, dreamcatchers/mobiles, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I like the idea of flowers. But then they die And you have to keep buying them. Hmm.

(Original post by Chardonnay)
    Ooo I like the idea of flowers. But then they die And you have to keep buying them. Hmm.
    plastic flowers are the way to go

ReputationRep:
    Buy a cactus instead, some can be really pretty when their flowers come out

I have a few in my flat as I'm incapable of looking after other plants properly. They always seem to die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bouncy)
    plastic flowers are the way to go
    Yeah, or try wooden roses

ReputationRep:
    wind charm, balloons, pictures of me

ReputationRep:
    I have like little glass eggs with coloured feathers in them which hang from the ceiling

Notes from the last year of work.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, besides painted walls and stuff, i don't really get putting in objects of no use at all into a room, just to make it look good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru)
    Personally, besides painted walls and stuff, i don't really get putting in objects of no use at all into a room, just to make it look good...
    That's because you're a boy. :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's because you're a boy. :p:
    Haha, not really. I mean i've got posters and stuff up, but they were only cheap, so they aren't a big deal... And i guess i should probably think the same about clothes and stuff too, but i won't let myself go out unless i'm wearing something that looks decent (although it doesn't mean much to wear clothes i like when i'm so ugly, but may as well make the best of a bad situation), so i guess i don't really know why i said that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely re decorating my room and I need ideas! Anyone want to help? Websites or anything? Or general ideas?

One of my favourite items in my room is a really cool wall light that I bought in Ikea. It is a big red heart which is attatched to the wall and because it is a light it is pretty but also practical. It is what I call value for money!! Plus as it is from the childrens section it was also very cheap :p:

(Original post by Sian01)
    I'm completely re decorating my room and I need ideas! Anyone want to help? Websites or anything? Or general ideas?
    I always visit http://www.dulux.co.uk and experiement with colour schemes and different effects and stuff when thinking about decorating a room at home

ReputationRep:
    my sister made me make my room mature it was pretty but now its just crappy

(Original post by gossip_girl)
    my sister made me make my room mature it was pretty but now its just crappy
    why what is it like?

ReputationRep:
    A biiig window with a nice view is the way to go. I have one and my room doesn´t need any decoration (however, I´d also be too lazy to decorate my room anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    I always visit http://www.dulux.co.uk and experiement with colour schemes and different effects and stuff when thinking about decorating a room at home
    Cheers for that I'm thinking cream and apple/mint green...what do you think? Maybe with a splash of a bright colour like ummm dont know in the form of coushins etc

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.