Turn on thread page Beta

Broke Brace/mouth issues [three threads merged] watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a brace with an Arc for the last six months- i have cut my tonsils it seems as they is a bright red line. I cannot open my mouth to full capicaty any more with out my mouth hurting i think it could be due to my Arc.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

ReputationRep:
    I think I might have broken my brace- I eat Pizza whole- the day afterwards its painful when I swallow and i cant open my mouth that wide without some sort of pain?

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    you really do need to see your dentist. i had a brace with a bridge and it kept cutting my tongue. ts possible that your brace is not the right size and so you will not get the full benefits

ReputationRep:
    Get in touch with your dentist asap, see if they can fit you in. If you are in any pain with braces (ie not the usual 'teeth moving' pain you would expect) then you need to go back and see them. Have you looked at the brace, can you see any obvious changes, eg have you lost a bracket or has the wire come loose?

ReputationRep:
    My bro is always damaging his brace and he just makes an appointment with the orthadontist who fixes it

ReputationRep:
    It wierd pain, i have lost a bit of a wire at the bottom but the pain is top left. I think its were the bridge is connected to the tooth, its so painful. I cant talk without hurting.

ReputationRep:
    Call your orthodentist, they may fit you in this afternoon if you are in serious pain.

ReputationRep:
    I've called them twice with no answer, also im not sure if it just my tonsils as i have seen to cut it but it seems to be quite painful towards my left side of my face.

ReputationRep:
    If you are in a lot of pain and its an emergency, I think you could go to a dental walk in centre, you dont need to be registered there (if you cant contact your usual dentist). Just keep trying and see if you get through.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks 4 advice..still trying to get through they all mostm probley out having lunch anyway i still and get in contact.

ReputationRep:
    I cant open my Mouth propley-i can breath and eat but it wont open fully-does anyone know why this could be or anyone had the same problem?

ReputationRep:
    Lockjaw?

ReputationRep:
    see a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    what do u mean you cant open propery
    does it hurt when u try and open it fully?

ReputationRep:
    I can breath and all that-so they should not be problem-If i try to open my mouth it hurts-bad.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound good, see a doctor first thing tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    put your fingers in line, vertically, and see how many you can get in. you should be able to get three in. if not....

...well, get back to me if you can't and i'll go from there. if you can, it may just some joint pain, in which case glucosamine/flax seed oil may help.

ReputationRep:
    really is it that bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas123)
    I can breath and all that-so they should not be problem-If i try to open my mouth it hurts-bad.
    thats cos u can breath through ur nose as well,
    try and see a doc asap... tonight if possible. seriously doesnt sound good.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be waiting for 3 years on the NHS. Just give yourself a 'Glasgow smile' with a stanley knife or a pair of bacon scissors.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.