Turn on thread page Beta

Hip Hop is better than any other music genre watch

ReputationRep:
    Speak on it...

ReputationRep:
    Your kidding, surely?

ReputationRep:
    Of course its not. Its a matter of personal taste, many will prefer different genres of music.

I myself dislike commercial hip hop - its all *******s. Some of the more underground stuff is good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Of course its not. Its a matter of personal taste, many will prefer different genres of music.

I myself dislike commercial hip hop - its all *******s. Some of the more underground stuff is good though.
    Specify...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru)
    Your kidding, surely?
    Nope...

ReputationRep:
    I do like some hiphop music, mostly the older stuff though. Ive been a fan of Tupac for years, until recently when it started getting over played on the radio.

However, I dont think hiphop is necessarily better than any other music genre, as I am a huge house music fan and would rather listen to that all day than hip hop. But it all depends on personal likes/dislikes.

ReputationRep:
    Errr no it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Em.)
    I do like some hiphop music, mostly the older stuff though. Ive been a fan of Tupac for years, until recently when it started getting over played on the radio.

However, I dont think hiphop is necessarily better than any other music genre, as I am a huge house music fan and would rather listen to that all day than hip hop. But it all depends on personal likes/dislikes.
    Tupac is not "old" so to speak...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Errr no it isn't.
    I didn't say it was/wasn't...I merely posed a question and asked you to speak on it...

Your reasons are...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playaboy)
    Your reasons are...?
    Why does it take a whole group of guys to sing a song?

ReputationRep:
    Tupac is not "old" so to speak...
    What I meant was that I prefer the older material rather than the newer stuff, eg Dear Mama, Letter to my Unborn, Keep Your Head Up, etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Why does it take a whole group of guys to sing a song?
    Elaborate...if by groups of Hip Hop artists all having a verse then its because Hip Hop culture permits cliques and it is to add variety to a track. Just like bands have drummers, guitarists etc..why don't they just sing acapella? Or use an MPC to make a drum beat and melody?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the worst genre imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Em.)
    What I meant was that I prefer the older material rather than the newer stuff, eg Dear Mama, Letter to my Unborn, Keep Your Head Up, etc etc.
    Fair enough but if you think about, all the stuff you're hearing on the radio is "old" stuff considering he died years ago and it was all written years before his death...think about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Possibly the worst genre imo
    Why? I bet I could teach you a hell of a lot and show you that its actually one of the most complex

ReputationRep:
    I rate Tupac and Eminem as hip hip artists, but overall, I'm much happier with Oasis and Radiohead.

ReputationRep:
    Why? I bet I could teach you a hell of a lot and show you that its actually one of the most complex
    I dont care about complexity, it doesnt necessarily make it sound good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    I rate Tupac and Eminem as hip hip artists, but overall, I'm much happier with Oasis and Radiohead.
    Tupac was raw emotion...wasn't technically a good 'emcee'
    Eminem fell off in the worst kinda way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I dont care about complexity, it doesnt necessarily make it sound good
    But it does sound good though...how does it not sound good to you? Not dissing, just asking a question...

ReputationRep:
    But it does sound good though...how does it not sound good to you? Not dissing, just asking a question...
    Cant really pin point why tbh. Considering a lot of it is just 'speaking' as such doesnt help

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.