Turn on thread page Beta

Hip Hop is better than any other music genre watch

ReputationRep:
    People think 50 Cent's music is Hip Hop. It's not. People are brainwashed. Gangster Rap is what you people think is Hip Hop, which is a shame, your missing out.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love hiphop.

All these bands such as Keane... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    People think 50 Cent's music is Hip Hop. It's not. People are brainwashed. Gangster Rap is what you people think is Hip Hop, which is a shame, your missing out.
    Tis the sad truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playaboy)
    Its no use...we can preach as much as we want but people are stuck in a set mindframe and beleive what they want...i.e Hip Hop = gangsters w/ guns, bling and biitches
    Yep, let's leave them to basque in their ignorance. *Plays KRS One* Whoop Whoop!

ReputationRep:
    NAS and 2pac are gods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky`)
    NAS and 2pac are gods.
    Interesting, an EC and a WC... So, in your eyes, East Coast or West Coast, which is better? I say EC all the way baby.

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame. I feel if you listened to some quality Hip Hop you would think differently. Your opinion seems to be shaped by mainstream Hip Hop (Gangster Rap), which isn't a true representation of most Hip Hop.
    na i love my music.
    think bands like mudvayne if you know who they are of course but then think if i will like it.

and it doesn't look like a debate it looks like a statement

but every thing i've seen of it i hate music made by computer.. i hate voice overs.
    i prefer going to see real bands play in pubs using there own instraments the speaking and a mic. nothing technicaly. just music.
    i'm very simplistic

ReputationRep:
    East Coast >>>> West Coast

The only time the west could be CONSIDERED to be on par or better was during the G Funk era of "Chronic" and "Doggystyle"...maybe some NWA and some Cube

Cube = Top 10
    MC Ren = most underrated

ReputationRep:
    OK NAS? I have heard one of his songs and I can definately say that it is not a quality song. First of all there is Beethoven's "Fur Elise" in the background, played on the piano with incorrect rhythms. This shows a lack of originality.
    I mean what's up with that!?
    Secondly, I just do not like his lyrics. They aren't deep and usually deep is what I go for.
    Disagree with me if you will, but that is my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    na i love my music.
    think bands like mudvayne if you know who they are of course but then think if i will like it.

and it doesn't look like a debate it looks like a statement

but every thing i've seen of it i hate music made by computer.. i hate voice overs.
    i prefer going to see real bands play in pubs using there own instraments the speaking and a mic. nothing technicaly. just music.
    i'm very simplistic
    You go girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random one)
    You go girl!
    hehe

i can play fur elise properly....
    if one of my friends tried to mutate it and put it into one of his songs...
    i would smack him one over his head

:: likes Random one! hehe::

ReputationRep:
    Lauryn Hill annd 2pac made me love hip hop :love:

ReputationRep:
    surely classical is the best:cool:

ReputationRep:
    East Coast >>>> West Coast

The only time the west could be CONSIDERED to be on par or better was during the G Funk era of "Chronic" and "Doggystyle"...maybe some NWA and some Cube

Cube = Top 10
    MC Ren = most underrated
    Yep. If NWA hadn't come out with Straight outta Compton, the East Coast would be totally dominant. TBH, if it wasn't for the East Coast there would be no West Coast. :p:

ReputationRep:
    OK NAS? I have heard one of his songs and I can definately say that it is not a quality song. First of all there is Beethoven's "Fur Elise" in the background, played on the piano with incorrect rhythms. This shows a lack of originality.
    I mean what's up with that!?
    Secondly, I just do not like his lyrics. They aren't deep and usually deep is what I go for.
    Disagree with me if you will, but that is my opinion.
    Not deep + Nas in the same sentence doesn't compute...

Nas is one of the deepest musicians you will ever hear...

ReputationRep:
    You go girl!
    OMG you're cool.

Both east coast and west coast have some tight rappers.... I like a mixture of rap really..... quite a lot of it oldschool hiphop.. dmx, nas, pac..

ReputationRep:
    Yep. If NWA hadn't come out with Straight outta Compton, the East Coast would be totally dominant. TBH, if it wasn't for the East Coast there would be no West Coast. :p:
    Troof!

ReputationRep:
    OMG you're cool.

Both east coast and west coast have some tight rappers.... I like a mixture of rap really..... quite a lot of it oldschool hiphop.. dmx, nas, pac..

anyone heard of taz?
    DMX, NAs & Pac are not "ol school"

Taz the UK rapper? I don't like UKHH

ReputationRep:
    OMG you're cool.

I'd say DMX, NAS and Tup were midskool, if there is such thing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Not deep + Nas in the same sentence doesn't compute...

Nas is one of the deepest musicians you will ever hear...
    depends on your veiwing.

i think NIN are deep in alot of there songs - Every Day is Exaclty the same...

only an expample as it was what was playing when i typed that sentence....
    lols

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.