Turn on thread page Beta

Hip Hop is better than any other music genre watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random one)
    OK NAS? I have heard one of his songs and I can definately say that it is not a quality song. First of all there is Beethoven's "Fur Elise" in the background, played on the piano with incorrect rhythms. This shows a lack of originality.
    DJs, they manipulate certain music to give it a new face. That's what some of Hip Hop can be like. They are original because they create new music with old music compiled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random one)
    in Hip Hop, a lot of it is just like pop! That's why you get them on MTV and channels like those......
    That's like saying all rock bands are like Evanescence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playaboy)
    Taz the UK rapper? I don't like UKHH
    I didn't think it existed. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Em.)
    I do like some hiphop music, mostly the older stuff though. Ive been a fan of Tupac for years, until recently when it started getting over played on the radio
    wtf so you decide if an artist is good or not depending if they are commercial. Now people like you suck at music =\

OMG YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND MY MUSIC ITS SO OBSCURE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredwad)
    wtf so you decide if an artist is good or not depending if they are commercial. Now people like you suck at music =\

OMG YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND MY MUSIC ITS SO OBSCURE
    Well, if an artist/group decide not to go mainstream this can show sencerity about the music. Many groups start up with the intention of making money, as opposed to making music which will influence peoples' lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    Well, if an artist/group decide not to go mainstream this can show sencerity about the music. Many groups start up with the intention of making money, as opposed to making music which will influence peoples' lives.
    k, so say you work in an office

"HEY YOU WANT A PROMOTION"
    "no way thats like totally selling out"

=\

and how would a band decide if they go mainstream, surely its up to the current market.

ReputationRep:
    most people get sick of a song when it is played repeatedly.

it just get sooooo anoying....

i think at one point i actualy thought the zephr song was pretty funky....

i hear it now and run.

ReputationRep:
    k, so say you work in an office

"HEY YOU WANT A PROMOTION"
    "no way thats like totally selling out"

=\

and how would a band decide if they go mainstream, surely its up to the current market.
    Not at all you idiot. Mainstream = promoting yourself, going on TOTPs etc... Whether the public like you or not is a different matter. And you don't seem to understand what I am talking about. If a group/artist do not decide not to go Mainstream it shows sencerity because they are not wanting to gain money from public appearences, they just want to make music. Think what you will but there are many artists out there who choose to stay in the studios making music rather then doing public appearences.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all you idiot. Mainstream = promoting yourself, going on TOTPs etc... Whether the public like you or not is a different matter. And you don't seem to understand what I am talking about. If a group/artist do not decide not to go Mainstream it shows sencerity because they are not wanting to gain money from public appearences, they just want to make music. Think what you will but there are many artists out there who choose to stay in the studios making music rather then doing public appearences.
    ahahhahahahah blueberry waffles aahahahah stfu assflute =\

ReputationRep:
    ahahhahahahah blueberry waffles aahahahah stfu assflute =\
    That's your argument waived. Immature loser. I saw you posting on a thread saying you wanted to study Medicine and become a doctor. Do you really think you'll become a doctor with an attitude like that? I wouldn't want you as my doctor you immature loser.

ReputationRep:
    *******s i dont see good mainstream artists as a problem.

why WOULDNT you want to do something you love and get money for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    *******s i dont see good mainstream artists as a problem.

why WOULDNT you want to do something you love and get money for it?
    Money isn't a motif for everyone. Making music is something which people love. If you go mainstream you lose your privacy, you lose the right to walk to the shops to get some milk without being plagued. You people are quite shallow in the sense you are driven by money.

ReputationRep:
    That's your argument waived. Immature loser. I saw you posting on a thread saying you wanted to study Medicine and become a doctor. Do you really think you'll become a doctor with an attitude like that? I wouldn't want you as my doctor you immature loser.
    jeez you seriously have an issue with your dismissive attitude. If a band decides to go mainstream that is their decision, for people like yuo it may make you think less of them. However if they still produce music, which before going mainstream you enjoyed, how should them stepping into the limelight upset you?

liking a band due to their obscurity or not for their lack of it, is a very immature attitude to hold. You seriously need to grow up before commenting on my career options.

ReputationRep:
    Money isn't a motif for everyone. Making music is something which people love. If you go mainstream you lose your privacy, you lose the right to walk to the shops to get some milk without being plagued. You people are quite shallow in the sense you are driven by money.

Jeez its their jobs and 90% of them don't have a very long shelf life, they want to make money and make music. Juss because they appear on TOTPs has no relfection on their music. Look back Zeppelin appeared on TOTPs and would you consider them to represent crap music?

And driven by money?? Well do your parents do to work? These artists are making a living, just like anyone else, and they don't all make as much as we think.

ReputationRep:
    jeez you seriously have an issue with your dismissive attitude. If a band decides to go mainstream that is their decision, for people like yuo it may make you think less of them. However if they still produce music, which before going mainstream you enjoyed, how should them stepping into the limelight upset you?
    If a group go mainstream it tells me they are not driven by the music, thus, I will stop liking them, yes. And I can comment on what I like. You think you stand a chance of being a doctor when you make comments like this: "ahahhahahahah blueberry waffles aahahahah stfu assflute =\" - tad impulsive? The NHS haven't got time for impulsive losers like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    thats all very nice and idealistic, but in the real world you need money to get by.
    money affords you opportunities, such as food, shelter, clothing; as well as hiring studios, getting music-making equipment.
    also, money lets you do things like travel, and go try out new things.

the love of the music is not enough alone

further to that, you seem to hate the idea of being driven by money. you dont seem concerned with the quality of the music; but mainstream != bad music!

ReputationRep:
    If a group go mainstream it tells me they are not driven by the music, thus, I will stop liking them, yes. And I can comment on what I like. You think you stand a chance of being a doctor when you make comments like this: "ahahhahahahah blueberry waffles aahahahah stfu assflute =\" - tad impulsive? The NHS haven't got time for impulsive losers like yourself.
    This = teh internets

ReputationRep:
    Jeez its their jobs and 90% of them don't have a very long shelf life, they want to make money and make music. Juss because they appear on TOTPs has no relfection on their music. Look back Zeppelin appeared on TOTPs and would you consider them to represent crap music?

And driven by money?? Well do your parents do to work? These artists are making a living, just like anyone else, and they don't all make as much as we think.
    Artists make enough from record sales to survive. Public appearences is bonus money, so-to-speak. You seem to be misinterpreting things. Going mainstream would mean making a huge excess of money, which is just greed. Of course, artists who do not want to go mainstream would still jump at the chance to make some money on the side, but of course there are some who do not want to give up their private identity just for more money.

ReputationRep:
    This = teh internets
    Very good. So are you implying you do not act like this IRL? Well if that's the case I feel even more embarrassed for you. So you are spending your summer trying to insult people with comments like this: "ahahhahahahah blueberry waffles aahahahah stfu assflute =\" - :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You know, to succeed as a doctor, you have to be sensitive and caring, and have a passion for making people feel better. You are exactly the opposite, an implusive, unruly loser. I pitty you, if that's any consolation.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.