Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello my lovelies...
    Welcome to the TSR Placebo Society - I can't believe there isn't one already :eek: !
    If you want to join just post on this thread and tell us what your favourite Placebo album, or track is, or which gigs you've been to, or whatever and I'll make a list of members...
    Please don't let it just be me!

Members list

~Raven~
    zhivago
    Fleff
    x-Jo-x
    GiBB
    Zoecb
    fallenone
    mc_watson87
    SamTheMan
    SB
    jennysimpson

ReputationRep:
    woo I like Placebo, but I'm sorry I don't know the lyrics!
    Yeah Bi ppl rule!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random one)
    woo I like Placebo, but I'm sorry I don't know the lyrics!
    Yeah Bi ppl rule!!
    Lol ok.... well its nice to find a Placebo appreciator!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, because I do not have the record and haven't listened to that song for a while, but I *think* it says "see you at the bitter end"
    heh, funny, currently listening to English Summer Rain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBinmexico)
    I'm not sure, because I do not have the record and haven't listened to that song for a while, but I *think* it says "see you at the bitter end"
    heh, funny, currently listening to English Summer Rain
    English Summer Rain is my favourite... I love it.

ReputationRep:
    I really dislike English Summer Rain... it's one of the few Placebo songs that I'll skip. :/

ReputationRep:
    *drools* Placebo! Brian......... *drools more* hes so pretty! And they make kick-ass music too.
    I can't decypher the lyrics either I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen them live? Saw them at Brixton and Reading. They arent good. Cept at Reading they actually played Nancy Boy which was worth seeing. My friend saw them once where he was pratting about so much on his stage that he actually fell on his arse. Mwahahaha. [There is something about him though....]

I think one of their worst songs has to be Special Needs. The lyrics actually make me cringe they are so bad.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen them once on the Sleeping With Ghosts tour in Cardiff, and then in Leeds. They were average at Leeds, but they're always fantastic on their own tours... I think you need to be surrounded by other Placebo fans to truly appreciate it. ;p

They've played Nancy Boy on both times I saw them... I thought they generally always did. It's just a shame they didn't play Slacker, *****, Fag, Hag, *****. Woe.

(Original post by ~Raven~)
    English Summer Rain is my favourite... I love it.
    I like English Summer Rain.

Havn't managed to see them live. Was in hospital when they played Liverpool once and one of my nurses went and bought me a poster though because she knew I quite liked them.

Sorry to say that I can't help with the lyric thing..

ReputationRep:
    ive seen them live twice, once leeds festival (i may have seen them twice here cant remember) and once in leeds at the university they were awesome

ReputationRep:
    I saw them live at Newcastle - they were fantastic, it was easily the best gig I've ever been to!

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping with Ghosts isn't that great compared to Black Market Music or Without You I'm Nothing. At least that's my opinion and their first album, Placebo is worth having just for the track Teenage Angst.

Anyone all in all, with tracks like Special K and Commercial for Levi, Black Market is my favourite

ReputationRep:
    I thought Black Market music was weak - Sleeping with Gohosts seemed more like a return to their original style... but I gotta say I honestly do like all their albums!
    Anyone think we have enough Placebo fans to start a society here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    I thought Black Market music was weak - Sleeping with Gohosts seemed more like a return to their original style... but I gotta say I honestly do like all their albums!
    Anyone think we have enough Placebo fans to start a society here?
    Placebo are a huge band so there should be a society. Not sure about the return to style though. They've never returned to their style of Teenage Angst, Bruise Pristine or Nancy Boy in my opinion. The songs on the new album bear more ressemblance with Black Market Music. I like Black Market Music because they became rather edgy. In their earlier days, they sounded too much like a British (well that's if you want to consider them as British) band trying to sound like some loud rock/metal band... it didn't work out so well. Without You I'm Nothing is maybe a bit too pop. Black Market Music, with the electronic influences, and the alternative rock style, is my favourite. They sound like noone else on that album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Placebo are a huge band so there should be a society. Not sure about the return to style though. They've never returned to their style of Teenage Angst, Bruise Pristine or Nancy Boy in my opinion. The songs on the new album bear more ressemblance with Black Market Music. I like Black Market Music because they became rather edgy. In their earlier days, they sounded too much like a British (well that's if you want to consider them as British) band trying to sound like some loud rock/metal band... it didn't work out so well. Without You I'm Nothing is maybe a bit too pop. Black Market Music, with the electronic influences, and the alternative rock style, is my favourite. They sound like noone else on that album.
    I see what you mean... BMM is original, but Placebo is also like nothing else, don't you think? I don't think WYIN is poppy really either, I thought that one was probably the wierdest - tis' much slower than the others...
    Shall I edit my first post then, and make this a society?
    Anyone who wants to join just post and I'll make a list.

ReputationRep:
    No-one? I'll post my original question again here, just coz I moved it from the 1st post n if anyone has an answer but doesn't wana join my beautiful society :bawling: then can you still answer it?

What are the words at the end of Bitter End? All I got off the net was
    'From the time we intercepted,
    Looks lot like suicide'
    And theres more than that!

ReputationRep:
    Can I join please? I love them. "Black Market Music" especially, is a great album

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Can I join please? I love them. "Black Market Music" especially, is a great album
    Yey Welcome :ciao:
    I'll put you on the list!
    there seems to be a lot of appreciation for BMM i think I'd better listen to it again...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. By the way, could you tell me who it is in your avatar - it reminds me of someone/I think I know who it is, but I ain't sure...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.