Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i wud be happy to join

think i prefer french.. but will ponder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raven~)
    Hello my lovelies...
    Welcome to the TSR Placebo Society - I can't believe there isn't one already :eek: !
    If you want to join just post on this thread and tell us what your favourite Placebo album, or track is, or which gigs you've been to, or whatever and I'll make a list of members...
    Please don't let it just be me!

Members list

~Raven~
    zhivago
    Fleff
    x-Jo-x
    GiBB
    Zoecb
    Wooo.... AMAZING SOC!
    Placebo rule! :rock:

Me fave song atm (changes every otha day) is Bulletproof Cupid... so simple and beautiful! =')

Edit: Oh yea, I wanna join!

ReputationRep:
    You're both added...

Bulletproof Cupid is great - I have it on the start of my mix tape in the car coz I think ti's really good to listen to when you start driving - it puts you in the mood! Same with Bitter End actually lol :biggrin:

ReputationRep:
    Raven, you haven't added me yet... Don't forget that Without You I'm Nothing!So please add me.

Favourite songs: Teenage Angst, You Don't Care About Us and Special K (something off their first 3 albums). Ok, I'll add This Picture off the latest album.

Does anyone like their cover cd? Their cover of Kate Bush's Coming Up That Hill is fantastic. The other covers like the Smiths covers are a bit mediocre

And what do you think about their early videos like those of Bruise Pristine or Nancy Boy? They were pretty sick... :puke:
    Just realised there are a lot of recent videos I haven't seen:
    http://placeboalternative.free.fr/videographie.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)

Does anyone like their cover cd? Their cover of Kate Bush's Coming Up That Hill is fantastic. The other covers like the Smiths covers are a bit mediocre

And what do you think about their early videos like those of Bruise Pristine or Nancy Boy? They were pretty sick... :puke:
    Sorry, I'll do it now , I love Runnign up that Hill - I think you should be repped for that!
    I like the Smiths cover too though... I'm not sure about Sinead O'Connor's Jackie... its fantastic, and really haunting but it gets a bit whiny after a while! I've got that CD in my player right now actually.
    When you watch the vids loads of them are a bit sick, and I think there was only one that I watched that didn't have sex in it!

ReputationRep:
    That's a point... Anyone know where I can download their music videos?

ReputationRep:
    *wonders how she missed this for so long*

Placebo are excellent, favourite's Without you I'm nothing... can I join Raven? Pretty please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    *wonders how she missed this for so long*

Placebo are excellent, favourite's Without you I'm nothing... can I join Raven? Pretty please?
    Of course you can ma darleeng :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    That's a point... Anyone know where I can download their music videos?
    Actually no, and I would like to know too!!

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can ma darleeng :hugs:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Actually no, and I would like to know too!!
    I've just taken a look online, and I've found the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...422083-4078806

So I decided to order it (although I still have time to change my mind). I have absolutely no idea if I'm going to be able to use it though, so it might end up being a rather pointless venture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)

So I decided to order it (although I still have time to change my mind). I have absolutely no idea if I'm going to be able to use it though, so it might end up being a rather pointless venture
    Looks a bit weird! But good lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)

I forgot they released a dvd of their videos. Definitely worth buying since they made some good videos.

A few months ago I bought a dvd of videos off the Warp label (which includes Aphex Twin who probably has the most ****ed up videos in the world) and was disappointed

ReputationRep:
    Didn't like the one for English Summer Rain - the stupid puppetty things were weird. And it was a bit too perverse for me!

ReputationRep:
    I ended up getting that DVD (here's to hoping it'll work), along with the Pure Morning single, because it's got B-sides on that I've never heard (and want to). And it was cheap...

Hopefully the single will be here later on today (saturday) and the DVD sometime early next week since it's from the USA... YAY!

ReputationRep:
    Let me know how it goes! Hope its good :trytofly: (thats excitement lol)

I'm going on holiday 2moro so I won't be around for a while - any requests to join or whatever will be accepted, just not for two weeks :biggrin:

See y'all later xx

ReputationRep:
    Placebo - horrible, horrible lyrics. Really, half the time it looks like they've written their songs with a rhyming dictionary close to hand.

If you can overlook that, fantastic band! I love their cover with Bowie of 20th Century Boy... then of course there's Second Sight; Every Me, Every You... Mmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    Placebo - horrible, horrible lyrics. Really, half the time it looks like they've written their songs with a rhyming dictionary close to hand.

If you can overlook that, fantastic band! I love their cover with Bowie of 20th Century Boy... then of course there's Second Sight; Every Me, Every You... Mmm...
    Sooooo, you hate the lyrics, but... Love the backing tracks? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I love 'every me and every you'

ReputationRep:
    The DVD came, and it works in my Playstation 2, so all is good! *celebrates* I know have all the videos to past singles... Muhahahahahahaha!!! Only problem is, they're all in black and white :confused:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.