Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    my friend is 15 and all she talks about is lads,who shes slept with lately,her face,her body, everything about her, who likes her, who thinks shes fit but the funny thing is shes not even pretty at all!shes got a long nose and a long face but "some lads" seem to like her!
    i found that some of the ugliest adolescents talk the most about that sort of thing. granted, the best- looking teenagers talk alot about that too but the uglier ones more. no offense to your friend, of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julia O.)
    yeah, look at yogi berra... or whatshisname... film guy... goldwyn- "let's bring it up to date with some snappy nineteenth-century dialogue"

Yogi was a great ball player though.

Some of my favorites:
    The future aint what it use to be.
    What time is it? (Yogi) you mean now?
    90% of the game is half mental.
    Nobody goes to that resturant anymore its too crowded.
    Never answer and anonymous letter.
    Always go to other people funerals, or they wont go to yours.
    Steve McQueen looks good in that movie, he musta made it before he died.
    A nickel aint worth a dime anymore.
    Pair up in threes.

I could go on...............

ReputationRep:
    i found that some of the ugliest adolescents talk the most about that sort of thing. granted, the best- looking teenagers talk alot about that too but the uglier ones more. no offense to your friend, of course
    I've noticed that too actually. The theory I was given goes something like this.
    The erm not so beautiful ones go around flashing their gear around town. Men being the opportunists they are have a crack at em. And also, the afore mentioned 'ones' desire that sort of thing more for fear of never having it due to their lack of beauty.
    Very rough I know, but I wasn't paying that much attention at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I've noticed that too actually. The theory I was given goes something like this.
    The erm not so beautiful ones go around flashing their gear around town. Men being the opportunists they are have a crack at em. And also, the afore mentioned 'ones' desire that sort of thing more for fear of never having it due to their lack of beauty.
    Very rough I know, but I wasn't paying that much attention at the time.
    i get your idea; i've heard something like that too. and it's because the beautiful ones don't need to flash their stuff around, the beautiful men just come to them anyway

ReputationRep:
    i get your idea; i've heard something like that too. and it's because the beautiful ones don't need to flash their stuff around, the beautiful men just come to them anyway
    Something like that yeah

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad Julia.O can make sense of my rantings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm glad Julia.O can make sense of my rantings
    rant away, sire . i can never organise my thoughts but i can organise other people's

ReputationRep:
    yep, its annoying it seems that alot of people in my 6th form, like everywhere in the world have the obsession of who they will bed next, what to wear and if they look cool.

Then you get some presiding woman who sits and dishes out who is 'hot' and who is 'not', yet if ever questioned about anything you realise she(or they) are so stupid they arent worth talking to.

Today was a great time, i happened to be talking to a girl from school, average looking, decent personality. Anyway our subjects we take popped up and because i take 'arty' (ish) subjects i was labelled a geek(somehow??!!) and also when reading/poetry came up on convosation and i mentioned i liked them i was further labelled by her sad and pathetic.
    Now, the poor girl wasnt best pleased with my reaction to her and swore at me a few times but hey alls fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    Some really aint smart, at school one says whilst in the gym, "sir are we having cross country in here"

another says in another lesson, "sir when did women get the vote", I say a long time ago, "oh 1989?"

smart kids, huh!
    Yeah - theres a girl in my maths group, who once, whilst the teacher was explaining something, exclaimed: "a third times three is one?".

This is in a higher maths GCSE group, in a grammar school.

ReputationRep:
    Even the most beautiful of people can be ugly on the inside, shallow is as shallow does, there again, who are we to judge on someone else, what one thinks of as important another may not, what one values in life many others will value something else, acceptance for what is, not what we want it to be helps a lot I find

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    Even the most beautiful of people can be ugly on the inside, shallow is as shallow does, there again, who are we to judge on someone else, what one thinks of as important another may not, what one values in life many others will value something else, acceptance for what is, not what we want it to be helps a lot I find
    Well said, as usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Well said, as usual.
    as you know ipo, dont tend to say anything unless what I have to say is worth saying, although Im not always right, just most of the time :P

ReputationRep:
    as you know ipo, dont tend to say anything unless what I have to say is worth saying, although Im not always right, just most of the time :P
    Speak for yourself
    I'm never wrong in fact. It is just that sometimes I'm not the most right I've ever been :P:P:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Speak for yourself
    I'm never wrong in fact. It is just that sometimes I'm not the most right I've ever been :P:P:P
    Takes your not so rights, offer nearly always rights and makes a whole one, United we stand, together we fall, or as Dartanion may have said, All for one and one for all

ReputationRep:
    Takes your not so rights, offer nearly always rights and makes a whole one, United we stand, together we fall, or as Dartanion may have said, All for one and one for all
    As Tristan Rainey once said... Righto mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    who she sleeps with! she is only 15 what does her parents say?
    thats what its like round about where i live!its not like its a rough area or anything!its just everyone loses it when there about 13!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna stick up for shallow people because i really can't stand the judgemental attitude of some people on this subject. Okay extremely shallow people can be very annoying but in my experience most people have more than one side to them. I like to talk about hair clothes and guys sometimes. But I also like to talk about society, law, politics, religion and life in general and my education is really important to me. Don't look down on people you hardly know and if you don't like them just leave them be. There are worse things in the world than shallow people and maybe if you were exposed to them you'd have less time to judge others on how shallow, material etc... they are. Not being rude, don't mean to cause insult but seriously in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toyosi)
    I'm gonna stick up for shallow people because i really can't stand the judgemental attitude of some people on this subject. Okay extremely shallow people can be very annoying but in my experience most people have more than one side to them. I like to talk about hair clothes and guys sometimes. But I also like to talk about society, law, politics, religion and life in general and my education is really important to me. Don't look down on people you hardly know and if you don't like them just leave them be. There are worse things in the world than shallow people and maybe if you were exposed to them you'd have less time to judge others on how shallow, material etc... they are. Not being rude, don't mean to cause insult but seriously in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.
    Extremely well said

ReputationRep:
    My sixth forms, exactly the same really, most of the girls, dress up as if they're applying for a model agency of some kind, but the majority of girls just put on anything they can find, answer this question, would you rather see scruffy old girls or well dressed girls?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.