Turn on thread page Beta

Biggest Employer in the world ??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Once doing a coursework on NHS, I came across a rather interesting fact about this organisation over Internet, claiming NHS is the world's biggers employer, employing the MOST employees i.e. 1.3 million people, followed by the Indian Railway (1.5 million) & Chinese Army (2.3 million).

Consider the proportion of country's population, that's employed in NHS, as opposed to merely just the number of people employed here & hence this makes them 1st (or indeed 3rd) biggest employer, in the world.

Wonder if anyone care mentioning the top 10 employers around the world ???

ReputationRep:
    Microsoft???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    Microsoft???
    no way, everyone thinks microsoft is massive and their not!! They dont even make massive profits....

Here are some of the companies i think may be large employers

Wal Mart
    Tescos
    BP
    Mc Donalds

ReputationRep:
    The state of North Korea.

I seem to recall Switzerland has the world's largest land army or something like that, as almost all Swiss citizens between 18 and 50 are technically members.

ReputationRep:
    Wal Mart is the world biggest private employer with just over 1.2million employees.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0219/p01s04-usec.html

ReputationRep:
    no way, everyone thinks microsoft is massive and their not!! They dont even make massive profits....
    I agree that they don't employ too many people, but an annual turnover of $374 billion sounds good to me...

ReputationRep:
    According to some BBC documentary I saw the Indian Railways employs some 10 million people.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.railmuseum.org/nrm/nrm_heritage.htm

1.6million according to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    I agree that they don't employ too many people, but an annual turnover of $374 billion sounds good to me...
    im pretty sure their profits per annum are something like £700 million

I know when i saw it i thought "oh- thats not as big as i thought"..... :confused: lol

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.