Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Once doing a coursework on NHS, I came across a rather interesting fact about this organisation over Internet, claiming NHS is the world's biggers employer, employing the MOST employees i.e. 1.3 million people, followed by the Indian Railway (1.5 million) & Chinese Army (2.3 million).

Consider the proportion of country's population, that's employed in NHS, as opposed to merely just the number of people employed here & hence this makes them 1st (or indeed 3rd) biggest employer, in the world.

Wonder if anyone care mentioning the top 10 employers around the world ???

ReputationRep:
    Microsoft???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    Microsoft???
    no way, everyone thinks microsoft is massive and their not!! They dont even make massive profits....

Here are some of the companies i think may be large employers

Wal Mart
    Tescos
    BP
    Mc Donalds

ReputationRep:
    The state of North Korea.

I seem to recall Switzerland has the world's largest land army or something like that, as almost all Swiss citizens between 18 and 50 are technically members.

ReputationRep:
    Wal Mart is the world biggest private employer with just over 1.2million employees.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0219/p01s04-usec.html

ReputationRep:
    no way, everyone thinks microsoft is massive and their not!! They dont even make massive profits....
    I agree that they don't employ too many people, but an annual turnover of $374 billion sounds good to me...

ReputationRep:
    According to some BBC documentary I saw the Indian Railways employs some 10 million people.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.railmuseum.org/nrm/nrm_heritage.htm

1.6million according to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    I agree that they don't employ too many people, but an annual turnover of $374 billion sounds good to me...
    im pretty sure their profits per annum are something like £700 million

I know when i saw it i thought "oh- thats not as big as i thought"..... :confused: lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.