The Student Room Group

I feel really guilty

It's my mums birthday tomorrow and I only just remembered yesterday, so went shopping today. I spent £80 but I just feel awful for leaving it this late and not even remembering until yesterday. Dad is finishing off a really long and stressful deal at work with a German company so hasn't had time to buy her anything (he's literally worked the last 15 days from 8am-1.00am! - no joke and is knackered). Mum told me she understands dad is mega busy but I now feel awful for having a go at dad for not buying mum anything and urhfghdfhgshg it's just ****. I've wrapped all the presents I bought her, I got: a watch, a dvd, a cd, some flowers and some clarins items and a really nice handmade card. Should I suggest dad gives her the watch?

Omg.
Reply 1
Yes that sounds like a good idea
Reply 2
red_roadkill
It's my mums birthday tomorrow and I only just remembered yesterday, so went shopping today. I spent £80 but I just feel awful for leaving it this late and not even remembering until yesterday. Dad is finishing off a really long and stressful deal at work with a German company so hasn't had time to buy her anything (he's literally worked the last 15 days from 8am-1.00am! - no joke and is knackered). Mum told me she understands dad is mega busy but I now feel awful for having a go at dad for not buying mum anything and urhfghdfhgshg it's just ****. I've wrapped all the presents I bought her, I got: a watch, a dvd, a cd, some flowers and some clarins items and a really nice handmade card. Should I suggest dad gives her the watch?

Omg.

Don't feel bad, you didn't actually forget her birthday. The presents you've bought for her sound really nice.

Probably a good idea to let your dad give her the watch :smile:
Reply 3
I'd say that would be really good. And anyway, It doesn't matter if you've left it late accidentaly, as long as you got everything and you are there. And the stuff you got your mum sounds really nice. Give your dad the watch to give to your mum if you feel like it.
You shouldn't feel so guilty, you remembered in time and got her nice presents. Maybe you could buy a card for your dad to give her to show he at least remembered even if he hasn't had chance to buy her anything? x
Reply 5
lil_crazyflakes
You shouldn't feel so guilty, you remembered in time and got her nice presents. Maybe you could buy a card for your dad to give her to show he at least remembered even if he hasn't had chance to buy her anything? x

Yeah I suggested that but dad said he was literally prepared to just walk out of work to go get her a card today. This deal he's doing finishes tomorrow so he's taking her out for dinner on the night to a really nice place - I think i'll suggest he really pushes the boat out.
Reply 6
Yes: get him to give her the watch and he's taking her out for dinner. I'd be thrilled if I were her!
Reply 7
just put "from dad and me"
Reply 8
i feel bad in similar situations but theres no need to be
you didnt do it on purpose and you remembred. plus your mum doesnt know you nearly forgot does she so what she doesnt kno doesnt hurt her,..

you could let your dad give her the watch if you want to, that decision is up to you, but you could ask mentioned above put all the presents from both of you.
i think those are lovely presents. i don't generally get my parents much for bdays as its never been a custom in our family and my dad completely forgot my mums last birthday i ran into him when i was walking to school and he was guiltily writing a card to her and wrapping presents on the way back from the local co-op
Reply 10
Its my mums birthday tomorrow as well, i only got her flowers :redface:

But they are good pressies

Latest

Trending

Trending