Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    My -3 lenses are about half a centimetre at their thickest. And they fit into my nice small frames well.

My optician puts the line over the number too. It's just a minus sign.
    Well if mines -3 too, then that size doesnt sound too bad. I just measured my current lense and its 2mm thick.
    Thanks Juno, you have been so helpful these past few days. I love you.

ReputationRep:
    There is a time and place called college... or google, or wikipedia, or maybe just the internet/webspace in general....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Glasses do not improve your eyes, they just aid your vision by compensating for any deformities in the eye. As the body grows, so do the deformities. Your vision will get worse when the eyes grow.

an optometrist is essentially an optician.

learn to google.
    So my eyes will never be improved :eek: Will carrots do it? :rolleyes:

What about this laser eye surgery? How old do you have to be to get that?

Lol, I have so many things planned for my adulthood, laser eye surgery, teeth surgery, plastic surgery. I need to marry a millionaire :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    There is a time and place called college... or google, or wikipedia, or maybe just the internet/webspace in general....
    Nah, google gives me a headache, I just prefer straight answers of personal problems from the forum I love so much :tsr: , than reading around everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)

Lol, I have so many things planned for my adulthood, laser eye surgery, teeth surgery, plastic surgery. I need to marry a millionaire :rolleyes:
    Carrots will help us, if you sharpen an edge and poke yourself in the eye:yy:

Don't eat too many, you'll turn yellow.

ReputationRep:

Laser eye surgery basically burns your lens off. kind of. Will carrots do it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Carrots will help us, if you sharpen an edge and poke yourself in the eye:yy:

Don't eat too many, you'll turn yellow.
    What a good idea, and its cheap too

Yellow, wouldnt it be orange :confused: What planet are you from Mr Lame?

ReputationRep:

:: hands basket with 500 carrots in it ::

Lets test and find out hehe

ReputationRep:
    Nah, google gives me a headache, I just prefer straight answers of personal problems from the forum I love so much :tsr: , than reading around everywhere.
    ^o)...

ReputationRep:
    Okay once again: it's not "an irregular shape of the eye", but of the 'wall' sorta speak at the back, inside your eyes. I've been seeing many opticians/oculists for over 16 years and my mum for 20 years more than me.

If your glasses are 0.5cm thick and you only have -3, that is very strange. My glasses were like that when I was a toddler 'cos the lenses were plastic back then. In glass, they can make them thinner. Mine are only 2, max.3mm on the sides and about 1mm in the middle, and I've got -10 on my left eye.

Yes you can get special conctact lenses, but they'll be slightly more expensive (not that much really). I have month lenses but no idea what they cost and it's prolly different to yours anyway since I'm not British.

ReputationRep:
    Does lack of sleep or bad eyesight due to genetics, cause poor eyesight?

ReputationRep:
    Does lack of sleep or bad eyesight due to genetics, cause poor eyesight?
    Yes it can be a genetic thing. For me, it runs in the family. Wouldn't know about the lack of sleep but it certainly makes your eyes sting more.

ReputationRep:
    my mum is long sighted and my dad is shortsighted.
    i am short sighted and from running in the family one of my eyes occasionaly decides to "go to sleep" as they said.

so i think its genetic.
    all tho i have been told lying on your side watch tv makes it bad... specialy if your eyes water when you do
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ModernHippie)
    If your glasses are 0.5cm thick and you only have -3, that is very strange. My glasses were like that when I was a toddler 'cos the lenses were plastic back then. In glass, they can make them thinner. Mine are only 2, max.3mm on the sides and about 1mm in the middle, and I've got -10 on my left eye.
    Well, I made the measurement up by looking at it and going "hmm" so it could be a bit different. Mine are just standard lenses though. It sounds like you have the thinner lenses that you can get but cost more money.

BlueAngel, I looked into laser eye surgery, and at Boots you need to be over 21 and have had a stable prescription for a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ModernHippie)
    Yes it can be a genetic thing. For me, it runs in the family. Wouldn't know about the lack of sleep but it certainly makes your eyes sting more.
    well thats the reason then, my dad has wore glasses all his life, and all my family are short sighted, but not as bad as me. Its probably due to too much tsring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    BlueAngel, I looked into laser eye surgery, and at Boots you need to be over 21 and have had a stable prescription for a year.
    Thanks babe Stable prescription, I'm 21 next year but got no stable prescription, oh well I can wait another 10 years. God, I'm old :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What a good idea, and its cheap too

Yellow, wouldnt it be orange :confused: What planet are you from Mr Lame?
    (Original post by first link on google)
    With regards to carrots, yes you can eat so many of them that your skin will turn yellow
    google it next time.

ReputationRep:
    Its probably due to too much tsring.
    That's right, computering makes it worse. :p:

And yes I have the special thinner ones - a must in my case! I once saw a woman with glasses like this *holds arms out really wide* it was hilarious. (And also kinda scary I don't want that...)

ReputationRep:
    google it next time.
    weird :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    weird :hmmmm2:
    Not really:p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.