Turn on thread page Beta

History GCSE mock tomorrow HELP watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    right if theres a question asking? "Why did italy invade abyysinia>" and i was wondering if this is a good answer or not.
    Italy invaded Abyysinia for 4 main reason ,firstly they had been defeated by Abyssinia in 1896 and wanted revenge, secoundly mussolini the leader of the countrie wanted to make it rich and powerful again, thirdly abyssinia is next to Africa which it could easily invade and add to her land and lastly Italy had seen other countries such as Japan invade other countries without taking any notice of the league of Nations threats and so wanted to do this.

ive just quicky wrote this out obviousely it will be a lot better tommorow but is there enough information here?

ReputationRep:
    ? what grade do you think this would get me on this particular question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    right if theres a question asking? "Why did italy invade abyysinia>" and i was wondering if this is a good answer or not.
    Italy invaded Abyysinia for 4 main reason ,firstly they had been defeated by Abyssinia in 1896 and wanted revenge, secoundly mussolini the leader of the countrie wanted to make it rich and powerful again, thirdly abyssinia is next to Africa which it could easily invade and add to her land and lastly Italy had seen other countries such as Japan invade other countries without taking any notice of the league of Nations threats and so wanted to do this.

ive just quicky wrote this out obviousely it will be a lot better tommorow but is there enough information here?
    Don't always fanny around the question 'there was 4 reasons' etc etc. You need to have a clear argument and to support this with evidence. Distinguish one issue above the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)

What do you mean, 'Abyssinia is next to Africa'? Abyssinia is IN Africa.
    I think you should mention that for Mussolini the war in Abyssinia was an opportunity to land a propaganda-coup. Besides, starting a war for no apparent reason does make sense to fascists who believe war is necessary to preserve a nation's "health".
    I think you could leave aside the last point about Japan and the League of Nations. The fact that Japan did something is not necessarily an incentive for Italy to do the same. It might justify Mussolini's actions, but not provoke them.

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately, the answer is that Mussolini did it to nuture an empire.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.