Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, are you allowed animals on campus (student accomodation)?

I wanna bring my hamster along...

ReputationRep:
    If you can't keep it in one of those mini freezers till you finish. Those things thaw out like that right?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You usually can't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    Just wondering, are you allowed animals on campus (student accomodation)?
    Not in any campus that I know about. Remember that where you live will usually have someone next door, or even in the same room next year, who might be allergic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Jax_)
    If you can't keep it in one of those mini freezers till you finish. Those things thaw out like that right?
    LOL! :adore:

ReputationRep:
    You're not allowed, but in every campus I've visited, I've noticed that several students keep animals such as hamsters, gerbils, mice and rats. At Salford university, my friends sister kept two pet mice, in halls in Cardiff some girls had a hamster as did some girls in Swansea.

I think it's just a matter of keeping them out of sight whenever there's an inspection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    You're not allowed, but in every campus I've visited, I've noticed that several students keep animals such as hamsters, gerbils, mice and rats. At Salford university, my friends sister kept two pet mice, in halls in Cardiff some girls had a hamster as did some girls in Swansea.

I think it's just a matter of keeping them out of sight whenever there's an inspection.
    oh right cool!

so, are the inspections usually random?

and how do they get the bedding and food in?! I'm sure someone would know if you walked in with a bag of 'Extra Soft Hamster Bedding' in your hand

EDIT: ill ask my roommates if they are allergic first!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it'd be a good idea to be honest. Student accommodation gets pretty messy and you might do something stupid if you came back drunk or something Leave the hamster at home where it can sleep without noisy students around.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Evil Muffin)
    I wouldn't say it'd be a good idea to be honest. Student accommodation gets pretty messy and you might do something stupid if you came back drunk or something Leave the hamster at home where it can sleep without noisy students around.
    And you'll be out most of the time, or won't be able to afford food for it, or it will eat your lecture notes, or you won't have time to clean it out...

ReputationRep:
    Lecturer: Why didn't you hand in your assignment on time?
    Student: My hamster ate it.

Just don't do a Chris Smith and let it climb inside your ass

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.