Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Obviously, as long as the rep system is so shite, then it won't be an accurate representation. Still, it's a close enough indication.
    The answer would be moderated rep. Moderated by an impartial judge of course. Perhaps the mods could do this at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    The answer would be moderated rep. Moderated by an impartial judge of course. Perhaps the mods could do this at some point.
    From what i understand of the idea i don't like it. I prefer a rule of no asking for rep threads. No obvious begging for rep etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    From what i understand of the idea i don't like it. I prefer a rule of no asking for rep threads. No obvious begging for rep etc.
    So brilliant yet so simple...

ReputationRep:
    *chuckles* lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Although who reads the rules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    That is my point precisely. If you have to put a vote to rep somebody through an impartial judge. Then rep begging etc won't get rep. Something along the lines of pasting the post you believe deserves to be given rep. to the judge/moderator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Although who reads the rules?
    All of the relevant info (status titles, forum guidelines, rep info, etc.) should be thrust on new members as soon as they sign up. No-one really pays attention to it otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    All of the relevant info (status titles, forum guidelines, rep info, etc.) should be thrust on new members as soon as they sign up. No-one really pays attention to it otherwise.
    Not a bad idea that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    That is my point precisely. If you have to put a vote to rep somebody through an impartial judge. Then rep begging etc won't get rep. Something along the lines of pasting the post you believe deserves to be given rep. to the judge/moderator.
    Why should you have to justify giving rep to someone if they have helped you, this will also take up the time of the judge/moderator from doing their job on the forum to stop spammers.

I'm not against rep, it's just "pretty please can i have rep" posts/threads that should be banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Nah, I like to beable to rep who I choose, when I choose and for whatever reason I choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Why should you have to justify giving rep to someone if they have helped you, this will also take up the time of the judge/moderator from doing their job on the forum to stop spammers.

I'm not against rep, it's just "pretty please can i have rep" posts/threads that should be banned.
    Why shouldn't you have to? Besides, if they put on a mod or two who could specifically deal with this, then it would work rather well. It isn't like they're getting paid or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    OK! Who voted me a rep whore?
    Oh, nevermind it was me, my bad!
    OK! Now who voted for me?
    It wasn't me this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    OK! Now who voted for me?
    It wasn't me this time.
    I voted for myself unintentionally - force of habit, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Why shouldn't you have to? Besides, if they put on a mod or two who could specifically deal with this, then it would work rather well. It isn't like they're getting paid or anything.
    It's not really worth discussing as i don't think anything's really going to be implemented, and the damage is already done.

We don't need more mods, we just need mods on more frequently during different hours of the day. I understand they have commitments though and seeing as this is a student forum and most of the members are students it is a bit un-realistic to expect to have someone on all the time during the school hours.

ReputationRep:
    lets all give me some possitive rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It's not really worth discussing as i don't think anything's really going to be implemented, and the damage is already done.

We don't need more mods, we just need mods on more frequently during different hours of the day. I understand they have commitments though and seeing as this is a student forum and most of the members are students it is a bit un-realistic to expect to have someone on all the time during the school hours.
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    agreed
    you owe me rep

ReputationRep:
    Wow ads is really in the lead now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    you owe me rep
    thats very blunt, maybe u should have pmed him first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    thats very blunt, maybe u should have pmed him first
    cant be bothered

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.