Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What play did you do for your GCSE grade??
    Also has any1 studied The Crucible ??

ReputationRep:
    You mean for English or Drama?

Didn't do Drama, lol, but did Othello for English...was really hard because we took our English in Year 10, and we only properly decided that was what we were doing just before Easter, lol, so we had to do our Jane Eyre coursework and Shakespeare in a couple of weeks!

Not studied Crucible, soz...but seen it, was amazing, truly fab.

ReputationRep:
    i did another arthur miller... A View From The Bridge

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all my drama friends did both "The Crucible" and "A View From The Bridge" - they went to see performances of both of them, if I'm not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    For english we did Othello and The Glass Menagerie. Othello was pretty good, but we didnt get to see a production of it because its quite obscure. Glass Menag- I was not impressed, no one was come to think of it...

ReputationRep:
    we did an inspector calls

ReputationRep:
    We did An Inspector Calls too! Went to see it for my Drama GCSE as well - creepy stuff.

ReputationRep:
    for english we did: Inspector Calls, Frankenstein,Romeo and Juliet, Of Mice and Men

for drama we did: Death of A Salesman, and started A StreetCar Named Desire for fun lol

ReputationRep:
    In English I did: The Crucible, Lord of the Flies, Frankenstein, MacBeth and the Poems.

ReputationRep:
    o yeh the poems

ReputationRep:
    I think it varies from exam board to exam board, but we did a Shakespeare piece of comparing the charactersof Mercuteo and Tybult in ''Romeo and Julliet'' for coursework and John Steinbeck's novel ''Of Mice and Men'' for the Literature exam. We also had to study Seamus Heaney, Gillian Clarke's and pre 1914 poetry from the Anthology also for the Literature exam.

ReputationRep:
    We did for AQAEnglish:
    Of Mice and Men-John Steinbeck
    Emma- Jane Austen
    A View from the Birdge-Arthur Miller
    Poems from the Anthology by: Carol Ann Duffy, Simon Armitage, Imiaz Dharker, Ben Johnson, something Haggard, and poems from the pre 1914 poetry bank.

ReputationRep:
    what was the crucible like? im doin it for drama nxt yr, i no its bout the salem witch hangings and stuff, is it easy enough to understand?

ReputationRep:
    I did The Crucible, and it was the most boring thing I have ever had to sit through in English. It's not too bad to understand, but I found it soooo boring. We also did Romeo and Juliet, which I found much more intresting

ReputationRep:
    yea we done the difference between mercutio and tybalt, is was good, we done the scene where mercutio get shot, was gud crk lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)
    What play did you do for your GCSE grade??
    Also has any1 studied The Crucible ??

yeah, i did.

ReputationRep:
    what did you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    Random One - I also did AQA English. It seems strange that you did more books than me - I love reading so would have really enjoyed studying more books, but hopefully I'll get the oppotunity to do more at A-Level. We read extracts for some coursework pieces, but unfortunately ''Of Mice and Men'' (although I think that's a great book, even if we did do it death for the exam, which might have put me off it for life) was the only book we studied in depth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shauncouldstone)
    Random One - I also did AQA English. It seems strange that you did more books than me - I love reading so would have really enjoyed studying more books, but hopefully I'll get the oppotunity to do more at A-Level. We read extracts for some coursework pieces, but unfortunately ''Of Mice and Men'' (although I think that's a great book, even if we did do it death for the exam, which might have put me off it for life) was the only book we studied in depth.
    Cool, I'm going to do more Literature at A level too, so hopefully will be fun!
    I have to agree that Of Mice and Men was studied quite thoroughly and it did get pretty boring for me aswell, having to read the book many times over for the exam. Those books I mentioned were done throughout year 10 aswell, so that's probably the reason why... I dunno!
    Have fun doing English Literature next year, I know I will!! :p:!!!

ReputationRep:
    What is Of Mice And Men about? Virtually everyone I know did it :confused:

We did Lord Of The Flies Now one of my favourite books! I loved it, especially darling Simon! The play was amazing.

Unforch I didn't enjoy Othello - we only did it because I was like, 'Please, please, please can we do Othello?' 'coz it's one of my favourites, but we had to do the play and our coursework in about 2 weeks so we only skimmed over a few passages, did our coursework for it orally and saw a cack production of it that was completely in the dark. Not fun!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.