Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont do drama, but for english, we did, hobsons choice, romeo and juliet, jane eyre and of mice and men.

ReputationRep:
    For English AQA, we did Romeo and Juliet, Great Expectations (sooooooo proud got 54/54 WOO HOOOOOO) and An Inspector Calls. Also doing Lit next year, doing:

English Lit AQA Spec B AS Level

The Color (yeh american spelling lol) Purple by Alice Walker
    John Donne - some poems by him
    John Osborne, Don't Look Back in Anger (btw has anyone got any ideas on this)
    Anthony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare (is this any good)

I'll ask on the A Level room. Have a nice summer!

Rudy!

ReputationRep:
    For AS Drama next yr, were doing Clockwork Orange which will be wicked! (oh and Hamlet lol)

ReputationRep:
    A Clockwork Orange?? Excellent novel! Real fantastic! Totally recommend reading it as a holiday novel - the lexicon is a bit wierd, but u get used to it. i think there's usually a glossary in the bak. i can't remember...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)
    what did you think of it?
    It was a good play, very short so i didn't get bored reading, i watched the film as well, and it really helped me when doing the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)
    What play did you do for your GCSE grade??
    Also has any1 studied The Crucible ??
    Inspector calls

Romeo&Juliet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    For AS Drama next yr, were doing Clockwork Orange which will be wicked! (oh and Hamlet lol)
    clockwork orange? isnt that about the 3 guys, one of which get put in2 prison then into a facility for rape and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    I did GCSE edexcel drama and we did the crucible and for our fianl performance we did a play called secret bridesmaids business which was cool. I cant wait to start AS theatre studies!

ReputationRep:
    Oh...play wise, for the l'anglais. I studied "Romeo and Juliet" for coursework and "Journey's End" by R.C Sheriff for Literature examinations. Also studied OCR's "Opening Worlds" short stories....ooh, the joy!

ReputationRep:
    ug the OCR short stories were awful! For english I did OCR short stories (all 12 ) OCR poems about gemerantions and for coursework we did macbeth

ReputationRep:
    For drama I did Blue Remembered Hills and Billy Liar

ReputationRep:
    For English, I studied An Inspector Calls. It was quite good but I was distinctly more fond of the novel we did (I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou). For coursework, we tackled Macbeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottie)
    For English, I studied An Inspector Calls. It was quite good but I was distinctly more fond of the novel we did (I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou). For coursework, we tackled Macbeth.
    :ditto: and for our school play we done blood brothers xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I did my GCSEs last summer, but I did
    Of Mice and Men
    Macbeth
    Tess of the d'Urbervilles
    Educating Rita
    Hardy poetry (aaround 1910)
    War poetry

Think that's it!

ReputationRep:
    I did 'Twelfth Night' and 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' for English (alongside 'To Kill a Mockingbird'), and 'The Crucible' for BOTH English and Drama *rollseyes*.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.